where to ride in and around montreal?

11 replies to this topic
  • MontrealDev

Posted April 13, 2001 - 04:57 AM

Hey Riders,
I just bought a 2000 YZ 426 and im looking for places in and around montreal and ontario to really open up my new macine ..lol
One of my favorite sand pits got shut down and now they seize your ride ,so if some of you can give me some kick ass places to ride id really apreciate it ...please help!!!lol
and if you live near me e mail me for a ride ...later .

• Ontario_Rider

Posted April 13, 2001 - 05:17 AM

If you feel like going for a large car ride you can go to Gopher Dunes in Tilsonburg.. Just past Toronto.. It's a cool Sand Track, and there is a good bush trail if you want a break from that.. it's CMRC just so you know in advance.

• Le_Racer

Posted April 13, 2001 - 08:42 AM

Salut!
Is it Riviere Beaudette you are talking about? That used to be the place at this time of the season but I didn't rode there in quite some time.
Have you check for Rougemont? There used to be some good spot there too.
Or you can join us, I'm going back to Rimouski tomorrow, not too close to Montreal but very nice tracks...
Later!
Guy

• enmerdeur

Posted April 13, 2001 - 12:53 PM

Hey Ontario Rider, I used to ride at Gopher when I lived in Waterloo. I am now living in Utah where we have an abundance of riding areas (At least for now. It is a constant battle with the Enviro Whackos out here). :)

------------------
SHN
99'YZ-400 (Mine)
00' TT-R 125 (Hers)
91' KX-125 (Son #1)
93' CR-80 (Just sold it. Looking for another TTR125 for Son #2)
99' PW-80 (Son #3)

[This message has been edited by enmerdeur (edited 04-13-2001).]

• c_dawg1998yz400

Posted April 14, 2001 - 05:58 AM

Hey
I'm another ontario rider, still riding at Gopher, its an okay track, but i find it gets boring. Jumps are too small, but good practice for endurance. Hopefully i'll be there tommorrow.

Chris no. 48 cmrc

• Ontario_Rider

Posted April 14, 2001 - 08:02 AM

Hi Chris.. yah the sand is not really a jumping track but it is excellent practice. Have you ever been to Rodney???? let me know if you're interested, It's about 20 minutes west of London. The track is a lot more challenging than Gopher, and you can get all the air you desire, or have the guts to give. Get's bulldozed every spring, cleaned up etc. Just a private ravine.. but it's cool.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MontrealDev

Posted April 16, 2001 - 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Ontario Rider:
Hi Chris.. yah the sand is not really a jumping track but it is excellent practice. Have you ever been to Rodney???? let me know if you're interested, It's about 20 minutes west of London. The track is a lot more challenging than Gopher, and you can get all the air you desire, or have the guts to give. Get's bulldozed every spring, cleaned up etc. Just a private ravine.. but it's cool.

• MontrealDev

Posted April 16, 2001 - 08:01 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the help and when i head up to toronto this summer ill check them out ....Can anybody Else help me find a place near Quebec..lol Later

• Le_Racer

Posted April 17, 2001 - 08:56 AM

Call Lucien at LCR, he should know a few good spots.
1-877-631-9797

• ryan_cooper

Posted April 17, 2001 - 02:24 PM

Hi Montrealdev.
Go to www.foxracing.com under places to ride there is a list for Canada.
I live in Ottawa so if you find any good spots let me know and i will do the same for you.Thanks.

• MontrealDev

Posted April 17, 2001 - 07:27 PM

Hey Ryan Cooper .
Thanks man ...I will let you knopw what i find and what there like if i go ....I just found a winter indoor track about 45 minutes from here .....a little late lol ....
thanks again ...later

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted April 23, 2001 - 10:10 AM

Hey Guys! Were any of you at Yamachiche last weekend? 21/22 ( Buddy Ford riding school ) Was there myself with my freshly put together '99 400. Was nervous at first from 20 year layoff but felt that I did progress somewhat on Sunday.

[This message has been edited by Hugh LePage (edited 04-23-2001).]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.