Selling My WR426 for WR450 Will I be disappointed?

11 replies to this topic
  • WRSTEVE

Posted August 03, 2003 - 01:36 PM

Need to hear from guys who have done this, is it worth it?

• Ronnie Mac

Posted August 03, 2003 - 05:16 PM

Not really what your asking for, but of all the bikes you have owned, which one was the meanest? :)

• Poway Rider

Posted August 03, 2003 - 05:39 PM

I can't see how you would be disappointed with a WR450. I love mine. I've riden the Honda 450 & 650 and the WR450 is a great machine in comparison (sort of in between the Honda 450 & 650 in terms of weight, handling, etc.). The e-start is also a huge plus!

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 03, 2003 - 06:21 PM

Carry some extra woodruff keys? :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 04, 2003 - 04:17 AM

Personally,
I'd wait for the 04's. They BETTER have fixed the starter/woodruf key issues!!!

• ddialogue

Posted August 04, 2003 - 04:45 AM

You will NOT be disappointed!! I sold my 02 WR426 (at a huge loss, BTW) to get one of the first WR450's and I am so glad I did. I'm sure you're well aware of the major changes between the WR426 and WR450. Never sheared a woodruff key and never had the service bulletin performed. I loved my WR426 but man, I LOVE my WR450!! :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRSTEVE

Posted August 04, 2003 - 05:25 AM

Not really what your asking for, but of all the bikes you have owned, which one was the meanest? :)

What am I looking for?
1.) More power is always a plus
2.) Would be nice to have a e-start
and not having to go through the
starting routine.
3.) Just reading about difference between the 2
makes me what 1 :D

which one was the meanest out the past bikes? :D
I would have to say the CR500, that thing was scary fast.

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 04, 2003 - 05:38 AM

The only bad thing about the 450 is that it's a red sticker bike. :) Sometimes i wish i kept my 426 and wasn't riding a smoker right now.Course when i get back on the 450 all those nasty thoughts disappear. :D

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 04, 2003 - 01:41 PM

The only bad thing about the 450 is that it's a red sticker bike. :D Sometimes i wish i kept my 426 and wasn't riding a smoker right now.Course when i get back on the 450 all those nasty thoughts disappear. :)

Blue one, any reason why the 450 is "red" and not green in California? I know the 426's were green, are they emitting too much noise, pollution or just the greenies slowly clamping down on us? :D

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 04, 2003 - 02:31 PM

toyota_mdt_tech

The 426 was a red sticker bike until they recently added all bikes up to the 2002 model year. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 04, 2003 - 04:33 PM

I rode my WR426 for a couple of years and loved it, great bike period.. The 450 motor is very different, the hit isn't as abrupt but more like a KTM RFS, nice and smooth with more power. Crawling around tight stuff is where the 450 shines, it's much harder to stall and it's real obvious. Having the electric start has opened my eyes on how I look at riding, now that I have one I'll never go back to kicking a bike, I'm spoiled.. Kevin mentioned you should wait, the 2004's are weeks away, you might as well, I'm sure they've addressed the clutch issue and woodruff key..

Dan

• ddialogue

Posted August 05, 2003 - 12:58 AM

Dan,

Are you referring to the chattering clutch issue? I thought mine had that problem and I told my dealer to order up the 2002 clutch parts so they could do the update. When they took it apart they discovered it already had the updated parts installed (this was in February.) :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.