Another new owner checkin in.

6 replies to this topic
  • stlhooked

Posted March 07, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Just got a 2008 450. It's fast and registered for the street now (took 10 minutes at the dmv)!!! I just got my extra wheels (from 09 WR250f) and tires (bridgestone 301 & 302) in the mail and havnt installed the Tusk ligut kit yet but its here also. I've put on a new spark plug and a battery- it hadn't run for a year...

Took it on an off-road trip over the weekend and man this thing has some powerful! I'm almost scared to drive it on the street! My brothers seem to think it likes to be revved too Much but I thought it was smooth at lower speeds at low idle...

• woods-rider

Posted March 07, 2011 - 06:26 PM

Congrats. Have any of the free mods been done to it yet?

• stlhooked

Posted March 07, 2011 - 06:34 PM

Thanks! I asked him if he had the mods done and he said the dealer was reluctant to do them but did take out the "pea shooter" and pilot.... don't know if the grey wire has been done....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted March 07, 2011 - 07:44 PM

Look around on here and do the gray wire mod, the yz throttle stop, remove the snorkel, and maybe even put a 1/2" hole or three in the chamber walls in your muffler if you want quite a bit more power and throttle response.

• Sknight

Posted March 07, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Welcome! I just got mine last Friday, impressive machine!

• Flagstaff

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:41 PM

Congrats!

• homer2000

Posted March 08, 2011 - 03:11 PM

Look around on here and do the gray wire mod, the yz throttle stop, remove the snorkel, and maybe even put a 1/2" hole or three in the chamber walls in your muffler if you want quite a bit more power and throttle response.

I don't that too the exhaust, except I stripped the whole inside out, took all the baffles out, bit better on the throttle, but sounds pretty shitty now, I'm saving for a gytr system now

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.