Looking for rekluse clutch cable for z start perch adjuster

12 replies to this topic
  • spyr_409

Posted March 07, 2011 - 03:32 PM

got a good deal on a leftover z start and perch adjuster but i need the longer clutch cable. Is there anyone out there that might know where i can find one? ive got a 2009 yz 450 any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

• spyr_409

Posted March 07, 2011 - 10:40 PM

rekluse wont have any for about 2 weeks so i was hoping someone on here might have one or might know a dealer who might have on in stock. thanks!

• eazrider

Posted March 08, 2011 - 09:14 AM

My Z-Start used the stock cable...I've had all versions of the Rekluse, and they all used the stock cable, when a cable was used...

• spyr_409

Posted March 08, 2011 - 05:34 PM

My Z-Start used the stock cable...I've had all versions of the Rekluse, and they all used the stock cable, when a cable was used...

It does use the stock cable unless you use the perch adjuster i guess

• eazrider

Posted March 09, 2011 - 09:51 AM

I have the perch adjuster, and it uses the stock cable. I used the perch adjuster on my '04, transferred it to my '06, and now, I'm using the same adjuster on my 2010...they all use the stock cable .....

• spyr_409

Posted March 09, 2011 - 10:46 AM

I have the perch adjuster, and it uses the stock cable. I used the perch adjuster on my '04, transferred it to my '06, and now, I'm using the same adjuster on my 2010...they all use the stock cable .....

how did you get it to fit? when everything is on the cable barely comes out of the adjuster cover is there a trick to it im just not figuring out? even rekluse said i need a different cable. Im not doubting you in any way if the stock cable will work i appreciate any help

Edited by spyr_409, March 09, 2011 - 11:44 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eazrider

Posted March 09, 2011 - 08:12 PM

how did you get it to fit? when everything is on the cable barely comes out of the adjuster cover is there a trick to it im just not figuring out? even rekluse said i need a different cable. Im not doubting you in any way if the stock cable will work i appreciate any help

I don't recall exactly what I had to do...seems like it involved trimming a bit off of the OEM cable adjuster to get the free length of the cable to work. I believe I still have several sets of instructions which detailed what to do....

• bg10459

Posted March 09, 2011 - 08:18 PM

...seems like it involved trimming a bit off of the OEM cable adjuster to get the free length of the cable to work.

Yes, I believe that's it. Though, I didn't go with the perch adjuster. I threw caution to the wind and just removed the cable and lever. Worked like a charm.... :thumbsup:

• spyr_409

Posted March 09, 2011 - 10:04 PM

I don't recall exactly what I had to do...seems like it involved trimming a bit off of the OEM cable adjuster to get the free length of the cable to work. I believe I still have several sets of instructions which detailed what to do....

Well let me know if you come up with some instructions on how to do it and thanks for your time.

• bg10459

Posted March 10, 2011 - 05:36 AM

Check here -> http://www.rekluse.com/ormanuals.shtml

• grayracer513

Posted March 10, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Who would have thought to look there? :thumbsup: :smirk:

• spyr_409

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:52 AM

Who would have thought to look there? :thumbsup: :smirk:

i in the instruction i have which are those say i need a different cable.

• bg10459

Posted March 11, 2011 - 10:11 PM

i in the instruction i have which are those say i need a different cable.

Read the z-start manual, step 19....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.