WR450 Supermoto Radiator Fan

10 replies to this topic
  • onewheel2thesky

Posted March 07, 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hello peoples. I'm new here! I have a 2004 WR 450 with a supermoto conversion. I want to put a fan on the radiator to cool it down when I am stopped at a light on hot summer days or riding slow. Has anyone done this yet and could recommended a fan to use? Or if there is already a link that shows how to do this please may i have it. Thanks

im going to buy a spal fan and make a bracket and just put a toggle switch. I just need to know what to wire it too? do i need a relay harness or anything?

Edited by onewheel2thesky, March 07, 2011 - 10:51 AM.

• austinmation

Posted March 07, 2011 - 12:01 PM

I too wanted to do this modification and had did some research myself.

You do not need to modify your original harness, but simply tap a new + and - lead from the battery to your relay, switch to power your fan.

You can also choose to run an in-line temperature switch that auto toggle the fan when it heats up, with your switch as a manual overwrite.

• onewheel2thesky

Posted March 07, 2011 - 12:27 PM

can i weld a bracket to the side of the radiator?

• danfromnb

Posted March 07, 2011 - 04:59 PM

can i weld a bracket to the side of the radiator?

A better option may be to add a set of aluminum rad guards and attach your fan to the rear bracket of them instead.

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 07, 2011 - 05:55 PM

Here's a link to the post on the fan install I did on my '03.

http://www.thumperta...2&highlight=fan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gravez

Posted March 07, 2011 - 06:12 PM

See my fan link below

http://www.thumperta...1431&highlight=

It solved all the overheating issues

• onewheel2thesky

Posted March 07, 2011 - 10:14 PM

im going to make a bracket that will just screw into where my front rad guards screw in. do i need to do the stator mod? i will only be running it for a short period of time when im at stop lights. the only things running off my battery are a headlight and taillight.

• austinmation

Posted March 08, 2011 - 12:40 AM

When you tap it directly from the battery, you need not mess with the stator nor the wiring. This will be an independent system to power the fan.

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 08, 2011 - 07:15 AM

Answered your PM but in a nutshell if you are only going to turn the fan on briefly then yes you can get away with connecting it to the battery. If you run it longer you will drain the battery eventually.

• onewheel2thesky

Posted March 08, 2011 - 09:48 AM

thanks man. i got one more question. i need to put some turn signals on for my inspection sticker. i have some factory ones off a cbr im going to use just to get my sticker. but i cant figure out how to make them blink. does anyone know how i can do so? its only going to be temp once i get a inspection sticker they are coming off.

• onewheel2thesky

Posted March 08, 2011 - 11:07 AM

nevermind they make light bulbs that blink

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.