Ive installed the JD kit. Now have a differant problem?

3 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted August 03, 2003 - 05:04 AM

Hi Guys. My bike used to bog down as soon as I gave it gas. I went with the JD kit and now on the low end and top end it is incredible. The problem is in the mid-range it stumbles. I notice it real bad when Im riding on the rode and have it mid throttle and I hold it there constant. It just seems real choppy. Any ideas? THanks, Denis :)

• basicblues

Posted August 03, 2003 - 07:47 AM

Post what your bike is and your current jetting so everyone will know where to start. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ill_caper

Posted August 03, 2003 - 07:59 AM

Oh yeah that may help. 2003 Wr450f. JD kit with blue needle at 4th clip and 170 main jet. Everything else I left stock. Zip ty needle at 1.25 turns out. Gyt-r baffle, air snrkle removed, and yz throttle stop Thanks, Denis :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2003 - 09:55 AM

Drop the needle 1 or 2 clips (clip 3 or 2) that should solve your problem :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.