Yoshimura Exhaust for 2010-11 YZ450F

17 replies to this topic
  • 95s10nj

Posted March 06, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Not sure if anybody has noticed but yoshimura has seemed to have released an updated exhaust. I recently received my full exhaust and took noticed that it has two mounting points on the muffler where the older ones had one and the silencer is longer and sticks out past the side number plate more. Anybody else notice this? Here's a crappy cell phone pic...
Posted Image

• Davey762

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:38 PM

Sticking out further out the back isnt as nice but not a big deal. Can you take a pic from the inside? Is that the stainless version?

• RJacks

Posted March 06, 2011 - 05:55 PM

Is that the RS-4?

• Chazmagnum

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:37 PM

The single tab model was breaking so yes that is the updated 2 tab design.

• 95s10nj

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:43 PM

Sticking out further out the back isnt as nice but not a big deal. Can you take a pic from the inside? Is that the stainless version?

Here's a pic off the yosh site that shows it mounted up without the side plate on. Yes that's the stainless version.
Posted Image

Is that the RS-4?

Yes the stainless rs-4 complete system.

• Davey762

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:12 PM

Thanks I checked it out on the yoshimura site as well. It seems that the ti and carbon pipes do not have the double mount however. I have no had an issue with my ti rs4 single mount with about 50 hours on it. The rubber mount is nice and has lots of movement if hit.

• Troutman

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:28 PM

Not sure if anybody has noticed but yoshimura has seemed to have released an updated exhaust. I recently received my full exhaust and took noticed that it has two mounting points on the muffler where the older ones had one and the silencer is longer and sticks out past the side number plate more. Anybody else notice this? Here's a crappy cell phone pic...
Posted Image

Wow that is longer, I would say about 2 to 3 inches longer than my full stainless system. Interesting that I have never seen a post about them breaking yet. I have about 40 hrs on mine with no issues but now I will now keep an eye on it. Do you know if the can is longer of did they just add length to the mid pipe?

• 95s10nj

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thanks I checked it out on the yoshimura site as well. It seems that the ti and carbon pipes do not have the double mount however. I have no had an issue with my ti rs4 single mount with about 50 hours on it. The rubber mount is nice and has lots of movement if hit.

I'm curious as to why it appears to be a few inches longer. I wonder if they found some power advantages to having it longer.

• 95s10nj

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:38 PM

Wow that is longer, I would say about 2 to 3 inches longer than my full stainless system. Interesting that I have never seen a post about them breaking yet. I have about 40 hrs on mine with no issues but now I will now keep an eye on it. Do you know if the can is longer of did they just add length to the mid pipe?

Measure your can and I can compare that to the measurement I get. When I ordered mine from yosh they said that it would be a few weeks because they were manufacturing a new line. They indicate that the 2011 model was originally going to be different then the 2010 but then decided to make one part number for the 2010-11. I'll call them tomorrow and ask them whats changed and why.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 95s10nj

Posted March 07, 2011 - 09:24 AM

After putting in a call to yosh tech's department, they apparently made the silencer longer to help reduce noise. I definitely prefer the look of the shorter model thats for sure but the exhaust isn't any longer than the stocker so I guess it isnt the end of the world...

• Troutman

Posted March 07, 2011 - 06:50 PM

Measure your can and I can compare that to the measurement I get. When I ordered mine from yosh they said that it would be a few weeks because they were manufacturing a new line. They indicate that the 2011 model was originally going to be different then the 2010 but then decided to make one part number for the 2010-11. I'll call them tomorrow and ask them whats changed and why.

My aluminium can section (not carbon end cap or stainless conical section of the can) is 8 inches. Sounds like they lengthend it for noise reasons huh, no big deal the pipe looks sick as is. Well you should love the performance of this pipe it realy frees up the the rev's at top end enjoy :thumbsup:

• 95s10nj

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:20 PM

So I removed the spark arrester today(what a pita). What are you guys doing for inserts? Are you running them without the ring, with the ring or are you using the 99db insert? Is it ok to run it without the insert or the aluminum ring?

• Troutman

Posted March 11, 2011 - 07:39 PM

So I removed the spark arrester today(what a pita). What are you guys doing for inserts? Are you running them without the ring, with the ring or are you using the 99db insert? Is it ok to run it without the insert or the aluminum ring?

I removed the screen too and it was a huge PITA!!!! as it sounds like you now know well. I am not sure if it's good to run without any insert so I purchased the open insert. I thought that no insert may not create the appropriate back pressure and have a negative impact on the packing but that is pure speculation. I got the open insert from YOSH it was like $30.

• swaldrop

Posted March 11, 2011 - 10:07 PM

I took the screen out and ran mine without anything for a few motos. The pipe ran good, but sounded awful. I ended up just putting the insert back in minus the screen and now it's great. I would like to try the open insert however just to see how it does, but I have zero complaints as is.

• tristanyamaha16

Posted April 07, 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have 2009 yz250f and I was looking at the yoshimura rs4 is it available for my bike?

• todds924

Posted April 07, 2011 - 08:26 PM

I Like my "shorty" as well...No problems and I've crashed on it a few times. The new "longer" two mount setup was made to be quieter I was told by a guy at Yosh.

• NE14MX

Posted April 08, 2011 - 04:16 AM

I run the full stainless FMF system. I tried their 96db insert and it not only really quiets the bike but softens the initial hit. More so than the MXA softer hit tune. Probably great for woods riding but I do tracks and running the Marmot map it was still a little too soft for me. I also tried with no insert and it was loud and I didn't notice any gains between that setup and running the 98db ring. So now I run the 98db ring with the Marmot map. Very happy.

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 08, 2011 - 07:42 PM

I have the newest version of the RS4 slip on. I run wide open no insert and I think it sounds awesome! Nice and throaty and not to loud. The power is very snappy and revs much further than stock. :cheers:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.