keen on getting a yz450f 2011

16 replies to this topic
  • rhysieboyy

Posted March 06, 2011 - 03:15 AM

g'day as some of you may have seen in the wr section im doing my wr426 up a little bit but have decided to just get it rideable for the next 12months and upgrade to a yz450f.is there any design floors with the new intake and exhaus system on them?i havent seen one running in person but a mate reckons they sound like crap compared to other years?or would i be better to wait for the 2012's to come out and get one of them?and i wont be getting one til feb/march next year but thought i'd ask around now and see what you guys think of them.

cheers,
rhys.

• HRC

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:58 AM

g'day as some of you may have seen in the wr section im doing my wr426 up a little bit but have decided to just get it rideable for the next 12months and upgrade to a yz450f.is there any design floors with the new intake and exhaus system on them?i havent seen one running in person but a mate reckons they sound like crap compared to other years?or would i be better to wait for the 2012's to come out and get one of them?and i wont be getting one til feb/march next year but thought i'd ask around now and see what you guys think of them.

cheers,
rhys.

I absolutely love my 2011 YZ450F ! It does everything right. Great chassi stability, good cornering, awesome engine !

I think the bikes sounds really good. I have the Arrow exhaust on mine though. But with that it sounds so crisp ! Some complain about the intake noise but it doesnt bother me at all actually !

Go for it ! :thumbsup:

• Pmason718

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:15 AM

To me the stock exhaust on the 2011 sounds great so I can only imagine what an aftermarket one will sound like

• Steel Panther

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:48 AM

you buy bikes based on the way they sound? its a single cylinder 4 stroke, they all sound pretty much the same....

• DPW

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:53 AM

you are going to get several different opinions. you need to ride one yourself and decide. Some say the bike is perfect others say it needs clamps, exhaust, and .....

I rode a '10 when they first came out, awesome trick looking bike. I just bought a left over '09 last week...so I guess you know my thoughts...

• YamaLink

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:12 PM

Wasn't there a mag review that mentioned the sound was an issue? If so and that's the big detractor then it must be pretty dang hard to fault the bike. Like others have said, try to sit on it and take it for a spin. All bikes look and sound the same to me when I'm riding and having fun. When a bike and I don't get along I notice every little nitpicky thing and blame the bike and not the rider + bike combo.

• Kx450fguy

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:19 PM

i would recommend an 09 or 10...i know it feels good to have the latest and greatest. but i dont think its worth $1000 for the upgrades they made this year. and by the time yu get one, the price gap between '11 and '10 may be bigger too. check and see what the upgrades are that yamaha will be making next year to see if its worth the extra money. i ave an 02 and put new tag triple clamps on, talons, excel rims cam chain and a white brothers exhaust. i like it better then the stock 08 yz450 that i rode the other day. if yu could find an earlier year and fix it up how yu want it. it may be even better to yu and save yu a few bucks along the way

• Chazmagnum

Posted March 06, 2011 - 08:04 PM

02' vs 2010, 11???? come on really???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kx450fguy

Posted March 06, 2011 - 09:14 PM

02' vs 2010, 11???? come on really???

okay guy, now before yu make a smart alec, ignorant comment like that again please look at the comparison i made. a totally done up 02 vs a stock 08 no not an '11 o '10. now what i suggested for him was to check an 09 or '10 for example to see if he could get it for 1500 cheaper and thn put $1000 of work into it and then maybe he would like it better than an '11. so please sir before yu decide to make comments that down my comments and what i think is very valuable advice that has saved me aot of money and helped me gain a better bike please read very thoroughly and then think istead of saying the first thing on yur mind, okay pumpkin?

• swaldrop

Posted March 06, 2011 - 09:39 PM

okay guy, now before yu make a smart alec, ignorant comment like that again please look at the comparison i made. a totally done up 02 vs a stock 08 no not an '11 o '10. now what i suggested for him was to check an 09 or '10 for example to see if he could get it for 1500 cheaper and thn put $1000 of work into it and then maybe he would like it better than an '11. so please sir before yu decide to make comments that down my comments and what i think is very valuable advice that has saved me aot of money and helped me gain a better bike please read very thoroughly and then think istead of saying the first thing on yur mind, okay pumpkin?

'08 and '09 = same exact bike for the most part.
'10 and '11 = again, same exact bike.
'02 and '08 = completely different species.

Just wanted to clear that up.

• Chazmagnum

Posted March 07, 2011 - 04:43 AM

I think that swaldrop understood what I was saying. And he explaned it much simpler than my " pumkin" brain could.

• Kx450fguy

Posted March 07, 2011 - 07:49 AM

so what yur saying is that the 08 is better than the 02. they made improvements since 02. correct? if the answer to both of those is correct then yu have proved my point, because i am sayin that WITH WORK my 02 is better than the stock 08. not trying to compare the bikes "species". anyways we are getting off topic from the guys question, all im saying is if yu can find a bike thats just as good for less, then put work in it, yur bike will in the end be better than the "latest and greatest" forget the 02 and 08 thing because thats obviously so contreversial for people that want to argue, just look at the facts of the matter

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:05 AM

... i am sayin that WITH WORK my 02 is better than the stock 08.

I think what you are saying was understood well enough. That fact is, however, that you're wrong. The amount of work it would take to produce an '02 426 that was even the equal of a stone stock '08 would run the cost of the bike well beyond the cost of buying a good used '08 or '09.

I'm glad you like your bike, but reality can't be altered by that.

• Kx450fguy

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:18 AM

well this is coming from someone who has not rode my bike. im pretty sure thats an opinion of yurs not a fact

• Steel Panther

Posted March 07, 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'm pretty sure that an 02 with excel rims, different triple clamps, and an exhaust will still ride like an 02, and a newer model will still have much more technology and design features that make it a more capable bike... but who knows it might sound better so the op might want to go that route :thumbsup:

• Kx450fguy

Posted March 07, 2011 - 09:41 AM

see steel panther thinks im wrong but at least he thinks i might be right haha

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2011 - 02:43 PM

well this is coming from someone who has not rode my bike. im pretty sure thats an opinion of yurs not a fact

As I said, I'm glad you like it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.