2010 YZ450F fenders!

5 replies to this topic
  • C-Bass360

Posted March 06, 2011 - 02:12 AM

I have a 2006 WR450F with a stock front fender and a 2005 YZ450F rear fender. Will Graphics made for the 2010 YZ450F fit on those front and rear fenders?

• The Hopper Show

Posted March 16, 2011 - 05:57 PM

or how about will the 2010 fenders fit on the bike? i would really like to know this. i am buying an '05. would love to add the '07 wr headlight, the '10 yz front fender, and either the '07 wr rear fender or the '10 yz rear fender. will any of those plastics fit the '03-'06 wr450 bikes? hoping at least the front yz fender?

• miweber929

Posted March 17, 2011 - 04:01 AM

Are the graphics listed to fit thr 06-10 YZ? Then no. Do the front fenders have tge same part number for the 05 WR and the 10 YZ? Then no again.

However we are talking stickers here which can be somewhat trimmed if the general shape is close. Go to your local aftermarket parts store, buy a '10 fender, take it home and compare, then return it. That'll tell you for sure.

As far as putting newer plastic on an 05, search is your friend, my friend. 07 headlight will go but you need a bracket I think (been covered a shit-ton of times), 10 YZ rear fender no because the airbox is not under the seat like a "normal" bike, but the front may fit with a little work as those mounts usually don't change. Again, go to a local parts store and compare: when I had my 00 CR250 I put an 02 up front fender on as tge mounted up identical but it would rub a little so I trimmed an 1/8" off it and it was fine.

Don't be afraid to do a little work and find out for yourself.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted March 17, 2011 - 04:40 PM

[COLOR="Green"]You kids may not know what it looks like, but I would love to find a fresh blue Preston Petty Tony D front fender for my WR [/COLOR]

• X-Racer

Posted March 17, 2011 - 05:25 PM

A fresh blue Preston Petty fender. Uh huh... Riiiiggghhhttttt....

Who you callin a kid Willis ? :thumbsup:

• TnTFx

Posted March 18, 2011 - 05:49 AM

The fenders are different.
However, you can put the new style YZ front fender on with just a little mod in the holes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.