how big a deal is it

3 replies to this topic
  • wrecks alot

Posted March 05, 2011 - 05:42 PM

the timing chain on the 06 wr 450 is it a big deal or are people just worring to much

• Flagstaff

Posted March 05, 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'm interested too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bill petitt

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:04 PM

For $40-50 bucks,,why chance it? Replace the chain and the tensioner. It is a fix you can do yourself, if you read directions well, and it can all be done under $100!! Better than $1200 + if it jumps time!

• L. Euler

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:51 PM

You will need a rotor puller also. I'm not sure I agree with the recommendation to replace the tensioner. Its a simple, sturdy device that really doesn't get any wear or cycling. Just make sure you wind it back up before reinstalling it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.