rear shock adjustments

3 replies to this topic
  • sabooo

Posted August 02, 2003 - 07:41 AM

Greetings tt'ers!
I cant seem to find my owners manual for my '03 wr450. This is a problem because i'd like to adjust the rear shock settings a bit before a ride tomorrow, and dont know which adjuster is which. Can anyone either by photo or description tell me which is which? Thanks in advance!

• RunAnywhere

Posted August 03, 2003 - 11:58 AM

I am just now learning what all those little screws do. The one above the canister is the compression and the one under the shock is the rebound. Apparently sag and proper springs are the most important parts of a well tuned suspension. Have you rated these? If not, talk to your dealer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sylvain

Posted August 03, 2003 - 12:04 PM

Did you check the suspension forum ?

I bet you will find all the infos you need :)

• sabooo

Posted August 04, 2003 - 11:23 AM

aye, things are pretty well sorted but the bike seems to want to pogo me off. Hoping a click more on the rebound damping will settle it. Thanks for the tips!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.