2010/2011 450

5 replies to this topic
  • ccie2be

Posted March 03, 2011 - 03:43 PM

Thinking about changing brands. I have a 09 kx450 and like it but.... I had a 06 yz450 and liked it better. So how do people like their new YZF and have you ridden both brands?

-David

• grayracer513

Posted March 03, 2011 - 04:38 PM

There are at least three threads floating in the forum on that very topic, including one with responses from KXF owners. Try the advanced search.

• ccie2be

Posted March 03, 2011 - 05:07 PM

good enough

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davey762

Posted March 03, 2011 - 05:50 PM

Rode my friends 2009 kx450 w/ pc pipe. Seemed like a good bike. I have a 2010 yamaha and liked it better though, mainly for the suspension. I know mags rave about the kawi engine, but my yamaha with a yoshimura exhaust seemingly ran just as good and this was backed up while drag racing the bikes (they were pretty much dead even). I know the new yami gets beat down on it's air filter access, but I like the filter design more as its easier to clean and oil.

• ccie2be

Posted March 04, 2011 - 04:25 AM

I'm there with you.
I like the kawi just fine but with my old yamaha it seems that the chassis balance made suspension tuning a little easier.

• fxrs

Posted March 04, 2011 - 07:43 PM

yz is a step above

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.