2003 WR450 HELP ME!!

4 replies to this topic
  • fourstroker

Posted August 01, 2003 - 04:02 PM

I am aproud owner of a brand new 2003 WR450 and have uncorked the exhaust, installed the YZ throttle stop and pulled the airbox baffle. Now my bike bogs down bad when I twist my throttle, anyone have an idea where I should turn? I replaced the throttle stop but still have the bog, could my spark plug be giving me the trouble, pulled it and it is really black and sooty.

• TFouty

Posted August 01, 2003 - 05:34 PM

Your off to a good start, now go to "Jetting Q's" on this forum and start reading. I ride in west central IN and I changed to a 160 main jet and a 48 pilot jet. I'm pretty darn happy with my 450.

You've come to the right place to learn about your bike. There is truely a wealth of information available here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted August 01, 2003 - 06:03 PM

i did the same exact mods and just changed the main jet to 152 and was good
i also turned the fuel accelerator pump clockwise to get rid of the bog i am running at about 3000 feet

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 02, 2003 - 08:58 AM

If I were you I would take my carb off and make sure that the jetting is stock, who knows what the dealership did. Just start from scratch. My bike runs perfect with stock jetting, yours should too.

• CODY510

Posted August 05, 2003 - 07:35 AM

I agree with Dan. My bike has stock jetting and it starts good and runs great all thru the throttle. I haven't done a mod except pull the silencer out, not sure yet about GYT or PMB. To install a YZ number plate do I need to make some brackets because of the odometer?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.