James Dean is my hero

3 replies to this topic
  • slipdonny

Posted August 01, 2003 - 03:46 PM

Me and my WR have been at odds lately. I wanted it to run good; it did not. I bought the James Dean jetting kit after reading a few posts here. It took me 20 minutes at the most to put in. First kick and it started...and it sounded mean. I did not have to make one adjustment to the fuel screw (1 1/4, baby!!). Now my WR and I are at odds again; it wants to pull wheelies in third gear and knock me off; I of course do not appreciate that.

Thank you to everyone on this forum. I have received a ton of invaluable information. And thanks especially to James Dean who made my "dirt life" so much more pleasurable.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 01, 2003 - 04:01 PM

Congrats!!! You're in good hands with James... My father just purchased the kit from him and can't wait to put it in.... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 01, 2003 - 05:44 PM

I was about ready to set my '00 426 on fire and watch it burn when I found this place and JD's generosity with his jetting experience.

Life is too short to ride a poorly jetted four stroke.

• James_Dean

Posted August 01, 2003 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for taking the time to share your results!
I appreciate it greatly.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.