Radiator shrouds?

3 replies to this topic
  • heezay

Posted March 02, 2011 - 07:58 PM

I got a set of acerbis plastics for my 2011 four fitty despite 50/50 reviews on them, but it was a good deal so i figured wth.

My main problem lies with the lower shroud bolts not lining up, so i had to kinda tweak the lower part of the radiator rearward maybe a half inch or so, is this a problem? or going to cause any damage?

They molded ridges inside the radiator shrouds also touch the radiator a tad bit, any more problems with that?

any help is greatly appreciated.

• 4NIK8R

Posted March 02, 2011 - 09:04 PM

Welcome to the world of aftermarket parts!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davidl9999

Posted March 02, 2011 - 09:10 PM

...i had to kinda tweak the lower part of the radiator rearward maybe a half inch or so, is this a problem? or going to cause any damage?

I'd guess not. As long as there isn't additional stress on the rad and the rad is stable and isn't flexing when you're riding, it should be fine.

The molded ridges inside the radiator shrouds also touch the radiator a tad bit, any more problems with that?

It's not good when parts rub on each other. If you can't mod it, keep an eye on it. If you see that it's wearing the rad, take care of it sooner than later.

• heezay

Posted March 03, 2011 - 10:18 AM

Thank you for the reply!

The oem radiator shrouds have to be pulled back a tiny amount as well, Just not the 1/2 or 3/4 inch i have to pull with the aftermarket shrouds.

It didn't seem like a great ammount of stress on the radiator, and i was hoping maybe once i get this bike warmed up, and rode for a little while the heat may somewhat flex the plastic into a more natural position.

As for the part that touches the radiator, it is odd, it seems like the ridges were made as a buffer against the radiator, after i cut them down a tad they still contact it. Ill definitely keep an eye on them tho.

Once again, thank you for helpin me out :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.