Changing fork oil

6 replies to this topic
  • ttr225guy

Posted March 02, 2011 - 06:39 PM

So i have the stock YZ forks on my WR. Im sure they are the same. How much oil do i put in the forks? I have the necessary tools and the right oil, i just dont know how much is supposed to go in. help PLEASE! (i wanna go riding tomorow):thumbsup:

• brentn

Posted March 02, 2011 - 06:42 PM

What year?
Are they twin or single chamber forks?

For single chamber, it's measured by height and the amount of oil that goes in varies...
For dual chamber I believe it's 300cc's for the outer and the inner is measured by height as well.

• hadameo

Posted March 02, 2011 - 06:45 PM

i weight about 210 dressed and i fill my inner cartridge full and the outside about 360mm on my 09 yz450f

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf450319

Posted March 02, 2011 - 06:59 PM

i weight about 210 dressed and i fill my inner cartridge full and the outside about 360mm on my 09 yz450f

- Do you mean millimeters or milliliters ? One is a measurement for distance, the other a measurement for liquid, I'd assume you meant milliliters ?

I'm 210 Lbs without gear and I run 355 - 360 millileters of fork oil in each outer chamber ('09 yz450f).

On a side note I've got Diverse Suspension Products fork and shock springs for my weight and they're awesome.

• ttr225guy

Posted March 02, 2011 - 07:06 PM

What year?
Are they twin or single chamber forks?

For single chamber, it's measured by height and the amount of oil that goes in varies...
For dual chamber I believe it's 300cc's for the outer and the inner is measured by height as well.

I couldnt tell ya. all i know is that they are 46mm Kayaba inverted telescopic forks. this is on a 02 426

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2011 - 09:06 PM

That fork is a single chamber, open bath fork, not at all different than the WR for that year. It will take just over a quart to fill it. With the spring removed and both the damper and main tubes collapsed, fill the fork to the holes in the inner tube. Pump the air out of the dampers, then fill the fork until the oil level is 110mm below the top of the collapsed tubes.

• ttr225guy

Posted March 02, 2011 - 10:47 PM

gah! you are a saint

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.