Help identify my exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • pablo45

Posted March 02, 2011 - 02:53 PM

I just purchased a 2000 YZ426F and need help identifying the exhaust. I was told it is an older Pro-Circuit T4 exhaust. However, the badge is gone and I cannot find any markings on it. The canister is 3.5" in diameter. It is very loud and I would like to get a quiet tip, spark arrestor and new end cap (if needed). Any help identifying the exhaust and correct parts would be appreciated.

Pablo45

Link to pictures is here:
https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

• KJ790

Posted March 02, 2011 - 03:34 PM

It could be one of the early T-4's, hard to tell. The exhaust outlet looks too big to me. I think it looks more like one of the old white brothers R4 silencers, but like I said it's really hard to tell. Pro circuit silencers often have their name stamped into the front of the silencer where the midpipe meets the can, though I'm not sure if they all have that.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 02, 2011 - 03:55 PM

I have a project 426 in the garage, when I get home I'll try to remember to snap some photos for comparison. It has the PC T4 on it.

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2011 - 04:17 PM

It could be one of the early T-4's, hard to tell. The exhaust outlet looks too big to me. I think it looks more like one of the old white brothers R4 silencers, but like I said it's really hard to tell. Pro circuit silencers often have their name stamped into the front of the silencer where the midpipe meets the can, though I'm not sure if they all have that.

Looks like an old R4 to me, too. If so, loud is only the beginning. You'll have to fab something for that, or suck it up and buy something else to put on it.

• yzf1999

Posted March 02, 2011 - 04:55 PM

It is a t4 tunable...had on on my 2001 ktm400sx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • niles

Posted March 02, 2011 - 11:26 PM

Ignition makes a product called the "db dawg universal 4-stroke silencer insert" (they claim up to 10db reduction in noise). They also make a spark arrestor that goes with it (sold separately). They should have one that will fit your pipe.

http://www.dnamuffle...n/mufflers.html

• cowboyona426

Posted March 03, 2011 - 07:25 AM

It's not the PC T4, the one I have does not have the springs at the mid pipe to can connection. I'm with grayracer and KJ790 on this one.

• yz450fcranker

Posted March 05, 2011 - 05:17 PM

maybe its a jardine

• pablo45

Posted March 06, 2011 - 09:16 AM

Looking around on the net it does seem to be an older model Pro-Circuit T-4 Tunable exhaust. I added a picture of that exhaust with the others for comparison. It looks the same including the two rivets that held on the name plate. Thanks for all the replies.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

• Lor

Posted March 19, 2011 - 09:59 PM

Could be either the pro circuit, or white bros, or a DSP. The pro circuit tips fit on all of them and were offered in different sizes. I used to work for DSP and we tested and played around with the different tips 10 years ago.

• MaxPower

Posted March 20, 2011 - 01:36 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]between the time on that pipe and the outlet size that thing looks like and ear splitter
If you could find a low hour used stocker on ebay even that would make your bike sound and probably run better.
I know people replace the OEM pipes all the time, but I find the stock YZ silencers to be just fine. And as far as quality not too many aftermarket pipes match the same quality as stock pipes
They look cooler till the mid pipes rust or the weld beads rust through[/COLOR]

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.