checking the valve specs

2 replies to this topic
  • md69holla

Posted March 02, 2011 - 07:28 AM

can someone please give me a link to where i can buy a gauge to check my valves. and also the tools to adjust them if need be. I have a 04 wr450.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • L. Euler

Posted March 03, 2011 - 07:00 PM

All you need need to check your valves is a feeler gauge that you can get at any auto parts store. The valves cannot be adjusted in the sense of turning a nut or a screw. You have to install spacer shims which requires removing the cam shafts. You will need at the very least a torque wrench and a service manual.

• Crash44

Posted March 06, 2011 - 02:36 PM

This link is for setting the clearance of a CRF450 but it will illustrate the process.

http://crfsonly.com/...valve-check.php

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.