Vibration

5 replies to this topic
  • slowrider

Posted April 10, 2001 - 11:51 AM

Hello what an awesome site!! I am trying to get back into the world of dirt bikes after a five year break, so what do I do I go and buy the bad boy 426. I am not quite used to the vibration can someone give me some advise other than selling it. It fells like I am operating a 90lb jack hammer. Other then that I am having a blast on it. Oh yeah since I just moved to San Antonio from Montana anyone from texas have any good places to ride within a five hour drive.
Thanks guys

• motoman393

Posted April 10, 2001 - 12:14 PM

The stock bars transmit ALOT of vibration! You can switch to a pro taper style bar and this will help! You also can buy a rubber mounted triple clamp (never tried them but I heard that they work)

Also since it sounds like you are still breaking it in...the suspension is REALLY STIFF until it is cmpletely broken in (this normally takes 3 hard rides at an MX track) this could also be your vibration problem!

I live in the Houston area and there are tons of tracks around here! Im not sure how far you want to drive but if you want their phone #'s, info, etc let me know! Click HERE to goto a site for motocross tracks!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• yzf

Posted April 15, 2001 - 10:11 AM

let the 60psi of air out of your tires

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • teamtoxic

Posted April 15, 2001 - 02:48 PM

<font color="navy">First, ride a Honda CR500. Then come back and tell us how surprised you are that the 426 vibrates so little. :)

You could always drop the bucks for a rubbermounted triple clamp/handle bar. I don't really think vibration is that big of an issue with the 426.

But yea, you should probably start by switching to a different set of handle bars. Usually the stockers aren't too good anyways.

------------------
~~~~~YaMaHaFoUrTwOsIx~~~~~

[This message has been edited by teamtoxic (edited 04-15-2001).]

• Hick

Posted April 16, 2001 - 12:24 PM

Okay, I’m ordinarily not a type A person but something about this “colored font” craze that Toxic started is bugging me.

You guys DON’T MATCH!

Garrett is using blue.
Toxic is using <font color="navy">navy.
But TTalk uses <font color="#000080">#000080

GET IT RIGHT!

<font color=”#000080”>Okay, I feel better now… :)

Now that I look at it though Toxic it looks like #000080 and Navy may be equivalent (on my monitor anyway).

BTW Toxic makes a good point, IMO the aluminum CRs and any two-stroke open bike vibrates way more than a YZF. Check your motor mounts.

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 04-16-2001).]

• motoman393

Posted April 16, 2001 - 03:42 PM

LOL @ Hick...

I never have got to experiment with <font color="#000080">HTML on the Thumpertalk BB!! Let's see what it will let me do here...

<marquee behavior="alternate" scrollamount="20" scrolldelay="300"><font color="blue" size="6">YZ426F</marquee>

<hr>
<marquee> Posted Image </marquee>
<hr>

<table>
<tr>
<th>YZ426F</th>
</tr>
</table>

<font face="old english text mt,arial">YZ426F

YZ<sup>426F</sup>

<strike>2 strokes suck!!!</strike>

G<font color="purple">ARR<font color="maroon">E<font color="aqua">T<font color="yellow">T

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

[This message has been edited by motoman393 (edited 04-16-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.