Motocross set-up tips

3 replies to this topic
  • Rick

Posted July 31, 2003 - 06:12 PM

I'm interested in trying my WR450 on the motocross track, no experience there yet, anybody have any tips or suggestions for set-up? :cool:Thanks!

• endurodog

Posted July 31, 2003 - 06:25 PM

The main thing is getting your suspension set up for it. I would suggest turning in your compression on the forks (Bottom screw) and on the shock (Top screw) 3 clicks to start with. Take it slow and see where your at from there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 01, 2003 - 03:14 AM

And remove your kickstand!!! If that thing comes down on a jump you could be in the hospital real soon.

I cant tell you how many guys I have seen on the MX track with a kickstand. :)

• huskyrider

Posted August 01, 2003 - 05:31 PM

And remove your kickstand!!! If that thing comes down on a jump you could be in the hospital real soon.

I just use tie wire for rebar on mine to hold it in place.
Then when I pull up to the truck I cut it with a pair of linesman pliers laying in back and put the kickstand down. When its time to ride again I tie it up again. Note, always make your twist to the inside 'cause the cut edge of the wire will rip your pants or scratch your boots if the bike goes down on your leg.
I think the most important thing to make your WR more MX friendly is stiffer fork springs or heavier fork oil and then the YZ seat/tank.
Although its only an Enduro the WR makes a fair MX bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.