Hammerhead Holeshot Device

4 replies to this topic
  • 95s10nj

Posted February 28, 2011 - 10:28 AM

I just picked up a hammerhead holeshot device last week and I'm a little confused on the install. Does something have to be removed in order to install the clamp around the fork in the proper position. I removed the fork leg and slid the clamp over the fork but it will not go all the way down. the clamp has a ridge like the attached picture. What groove does this ridge fit into?

Posted Image

• dwerthones

Posted February 28, 2011 - 10:57 AM

Slide the ring all the way down the fork tube untill it stops then tighten alan screws.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2011 - 11:04 AM

There is a nylon rub ring on the outer fork tube just above the dust seal that is held in place by a wire ring. You may find that this is the part you need to remove in order to seat the clamp ring.

• 95s10nj

Posted February 28, 2011 - 12:08 PM

There is a nylon rub ring on the outer fork tube just above the dust seal that is held in place by a wire ring. You may find that this is the part you need to remove in order to seat the clamp ring.

Posted Image

Are you refering to the rub ring I highlighted above? My bike is home right now but if I remember right, I think the ridge on the holeshot device is bigger than the rub ring. But maybe when that ring is removed it will allow me to slide the clamp lower so it will sit in the groove above the rub ring.

• geshields

Posted February 28, 2011 - 05:37 PM

My bike is a 2007YZ450F but this should give you a better idea. Compare the left and right forks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.