I tried to ride a 01 YZ250

3 replies to this topic
  • forloop

Posted April 09, 2001 - 07:00 AM

OMG,

That was a shock! I have been a 2 stroke person all my life, until feb when I got my 426. I thought I would just jump on and go to town.

No way, I am very spoiled now. My clutch hand no longer has the endurance. I miss my compression braking. There was no low end. Ok the bike did feel smaller and it jumped nice.

It felt like I was riding a giant chain saw. I am fully converted now. There is no way I will go back.

My buddy who is just getting back into dirt bikes, got off my bike and said man that is smooth.

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

• mikeolichney

Posted April 09, 2001 - 08:14 AM

No kidding, every time I get back on my old KX250 I feel like a spaz, overshooting every corner. Fortunately, I have a buyer for it who will take it off my hands before I kill myself on it. Nothing but thumpers for me from now on. I just hope the YZ426 gets lighter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • forloop

Posted April 09, 2001 - 10:17 AM

Yes,
I could have used a lighter bike when I slide the front end out and got my leg trapped under the 426. I now have a nice bruise on the side of my knee.

I will be resting a few days now.

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

• XRSpeedRacer

Posted April 09, 2001 - 08:42 PM

Man, sorry to hear about that leg. Sorry about not comng back that day to ask you to ride. About 30 min after we left your place, my friend got thrown off and broke his collar bone. REALLY SUCKED, he was in A LOT of pain, hehe. He managed to ride the 4-wheeler to the Blazer then took him to the hospitol. I plan on going to Shiloh Ridge soon. If you want to go, Email me and we'll hook up and go. L8r

------------------
Aaron Z
2000XR650R w/HRC Power Up Kit
"Whose your favorite Little Rascal..........Spanky?"

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.