fastway foot pegs....opinions?

19 replies to this topic
  • primerib108

Posted February 26, 2011 - 07:03 AM

Just bought a pair of Fastway F6 pegs with my new member discount (thanks TT).......just wondering if anyone else bought these and how do they perform against stock? Keep in mind I still have the skinny ones that come stock on 06 YZ450's.

• 2-fiddy

Posted February 26, 2011 - 07:10 AM

Stupid pins wear way too fast and since I red loctited them in..a real biatch to change. Mine wore fast on the leading edge, but not on the rest, so your feet slide off the pegs if you have them angle down on the leading edges. I would just suggest not using red loctite so they can easily be swapped. Eventually I just went back to stock.

• dirtdevil72

Posted February 26, 2011 - 07:11 AM

youll love them, very durable and twice as wide. money well spent

• swaldrop

Posted February 26, 2011 - 07:38 AM

If I didn't already have them on my '11, I would buy stock pegs: http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

I have been running these since they came out in '07 and have never felt the need to replace them. They are wide, offer good grip and are very durable. And for only $55, you can't go wrong.

Edit: Sorry. I didn't realize you already bought the fastway pegs. I ran Fastways on a 125 years ago and they worked great as well.

• primerib108

Posted February 26, 2011 - 08:01 AM

Stupid pins wear way too fast and since I red loctited them in..a real biatch to change. Mine wore fast on the leading edge, but not on the rest, so your feet slide off the pegs if you have them angle down on the leading edges. I would just suggest not using red loctite so they can easily be swapped. Eventually I just went back to stock.

I checked for 08 and up stockers (wider) on ebay but couldn't find any...and if I got lucky and found a pair they wanted too much $$$. A lot of the trail riders have these pegs but I also want to hear from the mx crowd on the good and also the bad. Thanks

• primerib108

Posted February 26, 2011 - 08:06 AM

If I didn't already have them on my '11, I would buy stock pegs: http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

I have been running these since they came out in '07 and have never felt the need to replace them. They are wide, offer good grip and are very durable. And for only $55, you can't go wrong.

Edit: Sorry. I didn't realize you already bought the fastway pegs. I ran Fastways on a 125 years ago and they worked great as well.

Go figure....you find some at a pretty good price. It is always tricky for us Canucks to buy parts.....up here they will charge stupid prices so alot of us shop ebay or other online stores but the shipping can be ridiculous as well. TT store offered 10% off the regular price and I got to use my new member coupon on top of that.

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 26, 2011 - 08:46 AM

I have not put a set on my '06 450..... yet. It will get done soon, hopefully....

I had them, & lived with them for several years, on my '98 KTM 300. I loved everything about them. I had no probs with the little allen set screws (peg teeth of the F3s) wearing out. My arches & feet loved those pegs. :thumbsup:

The only minor drawback I ever found was that the wider pegs interfered with the kickstarter at the bottom of its stroke. It shortened the kickstarter's stroke a few degrees, but wasn't any real trouble. You'll like them, Primerib108.

Jimmie

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:00 AM

I have a set of the Lightspeed wide Ti pegs on mine, and they're great. Wearing very well, tough, really good support platform for the foot. They make the same pegs in stainless for less, too.

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:27 AM

I have a set of the Lightspeed wide Ti pegs on mine, and they're great. Wearing very well, tough, really good support platform for the foot. They make the same pegs in stainless for less, too.

I recall reading a good recommendation of those pegs from MXA when the 2006s first came out. They really gushed over those bikes then... :thumbsup:

But anyway, do those Lightspeed pegs have pretty decent "camber angle" on them after they're installed? At least somewhat like the stock angle? I found out that running slightly more camber helped me to grip the bike better with my (marginal) knees. That "adjustability" factor of the Fastways was nice for that feature......

Jimmie

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2011 - 12:42 PM

If when you say "decent camber angle" you prefer the outer ends tilted up slightly, yes, they do. Besides the pegs bite very well and hold you feet very steady. In fact, at first I had to teach myself to pick my feet up to move off the pegs instead of sliding them off; they wouldn't slide.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davey762

Posted February 26, 2011 - 02:11 PM

Don't like them, well they feel good but their durability sucks. The adjustable camber broke on me on two sets of their pegs, luckily I was not injured. If they got rid of the adjustable camber they would be ok. New yamahas come with wide pegs stock, no need to buy aftermarket anymore IMO.

• fishkiller

Posted February 27, 2011 - 06:53 PM

I recently purchased a pair of the ANKLE SAVER pegs. So far LOVE EM! Had two different very hard landings one was a case situation the other was a major flat land over jump where I over extended my ankle in a major way. Found out about those on here and have not looked back.

• humpness

Posted February 27, 2011 - 09:29 PM

so how nice is a pair of wide pegs anyway?

• indy rider

Posted February 27, 2011 - 10:46 PM

The width is nice but both sides of mine have bent in probably only 20 hrs of use. The stockers never bent in 130 hrs and down the road, they'll be going back on for more use.

• robsgt

Posted February 28, 2011 - 06:58 PM

so how nice is a pair of wide pegs anyway?

I just put a set of the stock 08 yam pegs on my 06 450. The only difference I've noticed so far is sometimes my boots are in an akward position for shifting & braking which I don't like. I honestly cant feel the diff. in width while landing from jumps or standing on the pegs in any situation. I won't buy another set of wide pegs again; to me they were not worth the money. I think you either like or you don't.

• dirtdevil72

Posted March 01, 2011 - 05:23 AM

I just put a set of the stock 08 yam pegs on my 06 450. The only difference I've noticed so far is sometimes my boots are in an akward position for shifting & braking which I don't like. I honestly cant feel the diff. in width while landing from jumps or standing on the pegs in any situation. I won't buy another set of wide pegs again; to me they were not worth the money. I think you either like or you don't.

Try the new mark 3 pivot pegz awesome.

• primerib108

Posted March 01, 2011 - 06:41 AM

I had a complete opposite reaction from you......tried my buds bike with the wider pegs and I noticed a complete improvement on stability. I do mostly trail riding though.

• SEOINAGE

Posted March 01, 2011 - 08:46 AM

I dunno, wide foot pegs were such a weird thing for me to adjust to. I have the stock '10, coming from a 94 with steel pegs that were half bent and smashed, it was such an odd feeling having these wider pegs. I have grown accustomed to them now and am glad I have the better support. The next thing I have to get used to is how wide the sub frame is, going down hill standing up squeezing the bike you really notice it, guess they needed the room for the pipe.

• YamaLink

Posted March 01, 2011 - 02:19 PM

I like them. Slippery in mud no matter which screw set/combo I use. Feels like a stick of butter. Some friends prefer the Pivot Pegz. I like my Fastways. Like riding on big boards!

• motoman610

Posted March 02, 2011 - 12:44 PM

Ive had fastway pegs for years and the only problem is with the camber adjustment bolts.they used to break. now i just replace the bolt every so often to make sure they are fresh and ive had no problems. they are the same pegs i got in 02 for my crf :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.