03 wr450 reshock service

3 replies to this topic
  • dmk75

Posted February 26, 2011 - 04:46 AM

Do I need to purchase an aftermarket seal head to service my rear shock (new oil/nitrogen) or can it be done done as is?

I'm asking because I thought the seal heads on these shocks are not servicable.

• bg10459

Posted February 27, 2011 - 05:22 PM

You can service the seal head, but complete new heads are relatively cheap; it's barely worth it to rebuild yours. If it's not leaking, though, just re-use it as is.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmk75

Posted February 28, 2011 - 11:44 AM

My shock is not leaking but I would like to freshen it up. So I can take off the seal head, flush, refill, put the same seal head on and recharge it?

I just want to make sure I don't need a new seal head to service the shock.

Thanks for the response btw.

• _Hitman47

Posted March 01, 2011 - 03:30 AM

Nope you wont need if your's isnt leaking. Even my leaking head stopped to do so after a rebuild :thumbsup: btw, you'll need some decent instructions on how to bleed your shock free of air. heres one: http://www.southbayr...57&d=1214770702

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.