2006 YZ450 muffler question

3 replies to this topic
  • superxking22

Posted February 25, 2011 - 09:44 PM

Just had my muffler on my 06' YZ450F get crushed during a crash at an amateur arenacross race and was looking on-line for a new stock muffler. Was wondering if the muffler off of a 06' YZ250F would bolt up, and if it would cause any issues in the running of the bike?

• crf450319

Posted February 26, 2011 - 07:35 AM

If it would fit, it wouldn't be a good pipe to run. If you compare the inner diameter of the 250f's pipe to the 450's you'll see that there's quite a difference, which would make it a lot more restrictive and would mean you'd lose a lot of power. I wouldn't do it... just my $0.02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted February 26, 2011 - 02:29 PM

Yes it will bolt up, but it will not perform very well.

• superxking22

Posted February 28, 2011 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for the input. I'll just have to see if I can find the right one for the bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.