2006 wr450 odometer question

4 replies to this topic
  • Wrangler1

Posted February 25, 2011 - 08:20 PM

Will the odometer on a 2006 wr450 reset if you change out the battery? Sorry for the newb question, its my first Yamaha.

• schattat

Posted February 26, 2011 - 01:43 AM

Nop, the digital odo will save the data!
Just the clock will be reset, but you can readjust it easily :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wrangler1

Posted February 26, 2011 - 08:23 AM

Thanks schattat. I just picked up a wr with 800 miles on it then. Guy I bought from was not a bike guy and didnt sound too sure.

• rpyfz450

Posted June 12, 2011 - 08:50 AM

How do you get to the odometer that shows the total miles on the bike? My guage only shows a Trip-A and Trip-B when I press the SLCT2 button. The manual shows the SLCT2 button toggles Odometer > Trip-A > Trip-B > and back again.

• woods-rider

Posted June 12, 2011 - 09:03 AM

There is no non-resetable odometer on the stock unit, only trip A and B. Pick up an hour meter if you want to keep track of total usage. Tracking time is more a more accurate measure of use than distance on an off-road vehicle anyways.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.