re-birthing the wr426 with some mods.

4 replies to this topic
  • rhysieboyy

Posted February 25, 2011 - 02:59 PM

g'day fellas!well got a really big shock last night when i went to trade my wr in on a 07 yz250 and got offered 1500$AUD.and he said there was something wrong with my rear suspension as i didnt sag like it should.brought her home and stripped the rear end down and pulled the shock out found a seized bearings through out it.so thought rather then sell it i'll give here a make over with some news bits.
plans so far are:
-fmf muffler and pipe
-new headlight plastics
-new sprockets and chain
-fatbars and adapters
-barkbusters/handguards
-swingarm chain slider
-swing arm bearing kit
-stainless oil filter
-new bolts kit
-new tyres

i was kinda thinking with the fmf exhaust could i leave the stock header on and just run the muffler or change the whole thing?the 1 on now is caked in cooked mud and has been dodgily welded by the last owner.but was thinking sandblast and powdercoat it?any idea's
she has a touch under 3000km's so not gunna touch the engine for now just change the jets around to suit the fmf exhaust.
any other idea's or things i should replace let me know cos i wanna do it right the first time and not have to replace something else when im out riding.

cheers,
rhys.

• Kawidad

Posted February 26, 2011 - 12:29 PM

Cool.

The stock headpipe should give you a little better bottom end, less so at the top. It kinda depends on how you ride on which is a better way to go.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted February 28, 2011 - 05:16 AM

Title wr426 ..... subject yz250 .... mongo confused. :thumbsup:

• miweber929

Posted February 28, 2011 - 05:24 AM

He said he went to trade it ikon the YZ and they'd only give him $1500 AUD because of the issues with it so it sounds like he kept the 426 and now wants to redo it.

That's what I read at least.

• byggd

Posted February 28, 2011 - 09:54 AM

He said he went to trade it ikon the YZ and they'd only give him $1500 AUD because of the issues with it so it sounds like he kept the 426 and now wants to redo it.

That's what I read at least.

Got it! Too early in the morning I guess :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.