What to do to make a YZF450 blazing fast

11 replies to this topic
  • RAD

Posted July 30, 2003 - 05:24 PM

What do you guys recommend?

• 99-life

Posted July 30, 2003 - 05:29 PM

Put Bubba Stewart on it! Kidding aside isn't it already blazing fast? :)

• MOmilkman

Posted July 30, 2003 - 05:33 PM

Jezzz, its already been done before you get it.

Have you rode one? :)

• RAD

Posted July 30, 2003 - 05:39 PM

Yes, I have 2 of them. How far back do I need to look to find this mods post? I went back 25 pages & found none.
Everyone isn't a beginner or intermediate rider, I can be a prick too, get it.

• yamahasocal450

Posted July 30, 2003 - 06:23 PM

well theres 2 ways also... realistic and not realistic.... get a new pipe, make intake valves smaller, better airfilter, better carbeurator, crankcase breather hose, powernow/ james now, bigger back sprocket, higher compression piston...if possible, new cams, ...... and not realistic ways... nitrous oxide injected behind airfilter, turbo charger, um maybe some of those toy hobby rockets on the swing arm :D :) :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 30, 2003 - 08:49 PM

Set it on fire and push it over a cliff... Blazing and fast... problem solved...

Unless you are the factory rider standard, a few tweaks like a pipe and indexed cams along with some head work will be more than enough bike... after that, you need to look at your suspension... that is what is going to give you the reduced lap times... Rider fitness has a role to play in it as well as technique...

Change your gearing, tweak the jetting and get your suspension setup for you and your riding style and conditions... then, you need to work on you... technique and fitness... when you need to push the envelope further, then send an e-mail to the Yamaha factory rider internship program...

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 433rd

Posted July 30, 2003 - 09:08 PM

:) :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted July 30, 2003 - 11:12 PM

ummmmmm... lets see..... buy a CRF450!

J/K

:D :)

Like I said, set it on fire and push it over a cliff... then go buy a blue bike... :D :D

David

• MOmilkman

Posted July 31, 2003 - 03:25 AM

Yes, I have 2 of them. How far back do I need to look to find this mods post? I went back 25 pages & found none.
Everyone isn't a beginner or intermediate rider, I can be a prick too, get it.

Sorry guy, we werent trying to come across crass to you. Just a question we thought we would never hear. :)

Shoot me your e-mail. I might have the PDF file you need. :D

• BigDesto

Posted July 31, 2003 - 12:51 PM

Just twist your wrist!!! :)

• WR_Jason

Posted August 01, 2003 - 07:51 AM

Ride it more

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 01, 2003 - 02:06 PM

Make it faster? Man, You are a bigger man than me.. I can't believe how fast the YZ450 is. If you must I'de buy a Pro-Curcuit Ti-4 and call it a day.... As the bike is stock I have a hard time keeping the front end on the ground...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.