GYTR powerbomb by FMF vs. Stock headpipe

I´ve been riding for 2 weeks on my WR450F ´07 :ride:with the GYTR powerbomb by FMF on it, I would like to know if someone has the powerbomb on his bike and what are the performance effects that you have perceived.

In my case i´m feeling the effect on mid and high RPM range so I think that the powerbomb is more moto oriented, since I was looking for torque increase on low RPM´s (I ride mostly thigt trails) I´m not quite shure if I did the right investment:banghead:. so any feedback would be a great.

by the way, someone has a HP dyno graphic or a link comparing the stock headpipe vs. GYTR powerbomb.

I think what your looking for is more in line with the megabomb then the powerbomb.

I have a SS megabomb on my 04, and have huge bottom end torque, BUT I also added a 480 kit at the same time....soooo...not exactly a fair comparison for your question.

I do know when I contacted FMF I was told that the megabomb is much better in the low rpm's then the powerbomb though. I, like you, was looking for more bottom torque.

A YZ450F "Powerbomb" header is a cheaper option. It's titanium, just like the more expensive aftermarket ones.

I got a complete (header and muffler), near new sytem off fleaBay for $110!

I felt an increase in bottom end and midrange (after re-jetting to suit), not much up top though.

Greg

I have a power bomb on my 03 wr450 and it seemed to help all around but more mid to top than bottom. 1 nice side effect was it seemed a bit quieter than before. I am running the stock muffler w/ peashooter removed. I wish it had a heat sheild i put a small dent 1st time outand it seems to run a bit closer to the rad.

A YZ450F "Powerbomb" header is a cheaper option. It's titanium, just like the more expensive aftermarket ones.

I got a complete (header and muffler), near new sytem off fleaBay for $110!

I felt an increase in bottom end and midrange (after re-jetting to suit), not much up top though.

Greg

I know that I am probably alone here, but I would pay more to not have a titanium header. They are just too soft when hot and dent like they are made of tin foil. Stainless steel is the way to go if you want any longevity out of your header.

I have a 07 WR 450 with wire cut and i put a Mega bomb header and Q4 Muffler and jetted to what fmf recomended and it added a good amount of low end hit and much better over rev that would let me hold each gear just a lil longer. I still would like to get a harder low end hit like a YZ but not sure if I should add Hot cams or a big bore kit. not sure if starter will handle both cams and big bore.

I know that I am probably alone here, but I would pay more to not have a titanium header. They are just too soft when hot and dent like they are made of tin foil. Stainless steel is the way to go if you want any longevity out of your header.

Not alone, I got the SS megabomb....and it's cheaper then Ti! ?

I have a 07 WR 450 with wire cut and i put a Mega bomb header and Q4 Muffler and jetted to what fmf recomended and it added a good amount of low end hit and much better over rev that would let me hold each gear just a lil longer. I still would like to get a harder low end hit like a YZ but not sure if I should add Hot cams or a big bore kit. not sure if starter will handle both cams and big bore.

Got both on my 04, no starter issues at all....

If you need to make a choice between one or the other, and your looking for "hit", You want the HotCam's over the bigbore