My New WR450F 2011!!!!!!!

44 replies to this topic
  • johnnysneds

Posted May 02, 2011 - 04:31 PM

I.ve had the same screw installed on my bike for years and have never had an issue. BTW love this shot. Looks almost like a toy bike sitting in a miniaturized town. :thumbs:
Posted Image

Ah that's good, so hopefully no future issues with this screw.

Check this photo out of a friends car at the Nurburgring and yes this is a real car and track. It's called tilt shifting very clever trickery with a camera/photoshop.
http://gallery.me.co...ned111/100256#0

• johnnysneds

Posted June 10, 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hi all,

Ok can someone let me know what the knack is to getting all the old oil out my bike when carrying out an oil change? I've done 4 oil changes so far and never seems to refill with the correct amount from the specs.
Filter is always replaced. I lie the bike over to one side, the engine has been heated up before draining, both oil fill cap and dip stick are removed.
With a new 1.0l can of fresh oil I always have approx. 350ml of oil left in the can. Where is the old oil being trapped and how can I get it out?

Thanks
Johnny

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 10, 2011 - 09:34 PM

You have to make sure that both the dipstick and the fill plug are both open and venting as well has having both drain plugs off. I usually do that, let it drain for a while and then come back and lean the bike to one side or the other to make sure that I'm getting out as much as possible. You can have both drain plugs off and the fill plug off and have nothing coming out, but as soon as you loosing the dipstick more will come out so that is likely where you are trapping it.

• johnnysneds

Posted June 11, 2011 - 05:50 AM

Thanks, I know what I've been doing wrong now. I wasn't aware there was a second drain plug on the left. Lesson learned, read the manual properly!

Cheers

• YHGEORGE

Posted June 11, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks, I know what I've been doing wrong now. I wasn't aware there was a second drain plug on the left. Lesson learned, read the manual properly!

Cheers

WHY,WHY,WHY?????????????????:lol::ride::lol::lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.