wr426 Blown head cover gasket

No replies to this topic
  • gagourd

Posted July 30, 2003 - 02:56 PM

Recently in some tight, nasty woods (the way i like em)and the bike made aloud bang and got hollow sounding. I immediatelty shut the bike down and started searching for the problem. The plastic cap attached to the head cover gasket had been blown away from the motor. Upon further inspection I noticed the vent tube coming out of the head cover had been grabbed by something(vines, briars,chipmunk?)and was pinched, not allowing that pressure to escape. I have ordered the parts but havent fixed the bike yet. Anyway if you ride the woods, I :crazy:would suggest finding a way to keep that tube from being unrouted. Some zip ties will probably do the job.If anyone has comments, suggestions or experienced this problem before, please advise.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.