2010 Ride report after some TMR Motor Work

7 replies to this topic
  • MXR176

Posted February 22, 2011 - 08:58 AM

Ok I finally got some nice riding weather. Im a Vet Pro/A/Expert rider. I had Tom do the head work, map the ECU, and perform the Air Box Mod. I also installed the Stage 2 Hot Cams 12:5:1 Wiseco piston, Full FMF Exhaust and VP U4.4 Fuel that he mapped it for. He said the last motor he did identical to this was a 60hp motor. After breaking the motor in and rechecking the valves, I noticed how unbelievable the throttle response was and how clean it sounded. I was anxious to ride it.

Ok once on the track I noticed that the power was really really smooth and easy to ride. The thing has good grunt off the bottom pulls really smooth through the middle and then Revs to the moon and when I say Revs thats exactly what I mean. You can either ride this thing super lazy and grunt the motor or short shift it. Or you can ride rev it if you want. Im very happy with this thing. Definately highly recommend Toms Work. I wish I had a Dyno here locally. I would love to see the numbers on this thing at what it pulls and see the power and torque curve. Im so happy..... :smirk:

• jaro51

Posted February 22, 2011 - 11:12 AM

I was just asking about motor work for the 2010's on a different thread and this is the type of first hand info I'm after, thanks!

Link or contact info for "Tom"?

I'm coming off of a 250 that liked to be reved so when I hopped on a buddies '10 450 I had a hard time adjusting to the power delivery. I'm sure I can adapt my riding style to short shift and use the low end power but I would really prefer to have a nice strong linear pull from bottom to top.

Is your bike easy to ride or does it feel like it's a bit of brute and try to get away from you if your not careful and 100% focused and committed? I want a motor that isn't so strong that it just wears me out in a few laps at the MX track but it also needs to pull like crazy for supermoto use. My hope is that I can build a nice strong, smooth motor for SM use and if need be, de-tune with the programmer to tame it down for MX use.

I'm an expert level SM racer and Vet Int MX racer. But I'm old and weak so I need a nice gentle giant of a motor to do the work for me!

Thanks for your ride report and any advice you might have!

• DPW

Posted February 22, 2011 - 11:19 AM

Tom Morgan Racing I believe..

• MXR176

Posted February 22, 2011 - 05:39 PM

I was just asking about motor work for the 2010's on a different thread and this is the type of first hand info I'm after, thanks!

I'm coming off of a 250 that liked to be reved so when I hopped on a buddies '10 450 I had a hard time adjusting to the power delivery. I'm sure I can adapt my riding style to short shift and use the low end power but I would really prefer to have a nice strong linear pull from bottom to top.

Is your bike easy to ride or does it feel like it's a bit of brute and try to get away from you if your not careful and 100% focused and committed? I want a motor that isn't so strong that it just wears me out in a few laps at the MX track but it also needs to pull like crazy for supermoto use. My hope is that I can build a nice strong, smooth motor for SM use and if need be, de-tune with the programmer to tame it down for MX use.

I'm an expert level SM racer and Vet Int MX racer. But I'm old and weak so I need a nice gentle giant of a motor to do the work for me!

Thanks for your ride report and any advice you might have!

I've had the brute horse that will rip your arms off. This is not like that at all. It has good bottom pulls really strong through the middle without a hit and the thing revs. It has everything you want with nice STRONG ridable power. Thats just my 2 cents. Like I said I have had the Holy rip your arms off power that will wear you out before the end of a 30 min moto and there no fun to ride. I'll PM you some contact info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MXR176

Posted February 22, 2011 - 05:46 PM

Tom Morgan Racing I believe..

You are correct. I just emailed him about some contact info so you or who ever would like to contact him can. I don't wanna give out the wrong info or info that he might not want me to.

• brentn

Posted February 22, 2011 - 05:52 PM

Nice, lets see some pics!

• MXR176

Posted February 22, 2011 - 05:58 PM

Nice, lets see some pics!

Of? If you can wait till the maiddle of next week if you want a pic of the bike all my new graphics will be here from Decal Works.

• MXR176

Posted February 24, 2011 - 02:25 AM

All I have to say is if your looking for Motor Work to be done. YOu won't be disapointed in anyway shape or form. The guy is Awesome to talk to and his work is unreal....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.