OVERHEATING

8 replies to this topic
  • gagourd

Posted July 30, 2003 - 11:36 AM

RECENTLY BOUGHT A NEW WR426 LEFTOVER FROM A SHUT DOWN YAMAHA SHOP. IF BIKE IDLES FOR 4-5 MINUTES COOLANT SPITS FORM THE OVERFLOW TUBE, THE SAME THING HAPPENS IN TIGHT WOODS WHERE HIGH SPEEDS ARE NOT AN OPTION. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A BAD RADIATOR CAP OR IS THIS NORMAL

• 433rd

Posted July 30, 2003 - 12:41 PM

:D :)

• MOmilkman

Posted July 30, 2003 - 04:40 PM

Its kind of weird but my bike, since day 1, has always required to be idling 5 minutes before I can take off on it or it will cut out and sputter and this is in hot or cold weather. (more so in cold obviously)

And I have a buddy that had a 99YZ and he could fire it up and just take off.
I never could figure that one out.

• Gadsen

Posted July 30, 2003 - 04:53 PM

RECENTLY BOUGHT A NEW WR426 LEFTOVER FROM A SHUT DOWN YAMAHA SHOP. IF BIKE IDLES FOR 4-5 MINUTES COOLANT SPITS FORM THE OVERFLOW TUBE, THE SAME THING HAPPENS IN TIGHT WOODS WHERE HIGH SPEEDS ARE NOT AN OPTION. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A BAD RADIATOR CAP OR IS THIS NORMAL

I'd say not normal. I have a WR426 and ride it in slow trials, super hot weather (was up to 92 last weekend on my ride) and I have never had coolant spill, level have been rock solid too. Even after I'm idling.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted July 30, 2003 - 04:55 PM

Its kind of weird but my bike, since day 1, has always required to be idling 5 minutes before I can take off on it or it will cut out and sputter and this is in hot or cold weather. (more so in cold obviously)

I can ride right away with no trouble, I do get a flat spot if I snap the throttle real quick :) before its fully warmed up is all.

• gal

Posted July 30, 2003 - 09:40 PM

i think its normal, but dont u have a reservoir tank on your wr - i installed one from motion pro on my yz

• gagourd

Posted July 31, 2003 - 10:58 AM

Yeah it has a resevoir bottle. when it overheated in the woods the res. bottle filled up and then over flowed until almost empty. I realize that once the bike cooled most of coolant went back to the radiator, but this just dosnt seem normal. after all its supposed to be a woods bike. :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 31, 2003 - 11:55 AM

Darin...

Thats cause your jetting still Sucks after all these years.... :)

Bonzai :D

• MOmilkman

Posted July 31, 2003 - 12:05 PM

Probably does, :thumbsup:but if so then Bill's sucks and more importantly Taffy's does.

Is that what your saying, Taffy dosent know jetting! :D

Actually I think it was because of the WR jetting that my bike took so long to warm up. Its not so bad now :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.