Creeping clutch fix

My bike creeps forward when i have it in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in all the way. I adjusted all the slack out of the clutch cable but it didnt make a difference. I've been researching this for almost an hour but im still not completely clear. I want to use all Hinson/GYTR parts, i can get parts pretty cheap at our dealer.

1) Are ALL GYTR clutch parts re-labeled Hinson components?

2) Does it sound like i need a new boss?

3) If i drop in Hinson plates and boss and OEM springs will i get a smoother clutch feel?

Sorry if i wasn't very clear. Any help would be awesome, i know almost nothing about motorcycle clutches.

Sounds like your basket is grooved so a new basket will be the fix. All though you dont just want to put a basket in by its self cause more than likely the plates are worn also and along with the springs.

You'll want to check your inner hub as well to see if it has worn and the pressure plate.

all the times that my clutch has creept was due to the basket being grooved and the plates and clutch springs worn.

Should be ok if you just get those three items. one thing i usually do now is take my side cover off and then take the basket off and check it and a few plates out to check them also.

i will measure the spring free length also to be sure they havent worn.

I raced all last summer and checked mine about a few months back and the basket and everything else was good. Its usually a good idea to replace the springs after awhile to keep the clutch feeling strong.

If you get hinson componants you are getting some good products that will last.

I believe their baskets are billet and thats why they are strong and will last or they may be steel,its one or the other i think.

I know Msr makes a Basket that has steeel inserts on the side of the fingers of the basket. They put these steel inserts in so the plates wouldnt groove the basket.

Thanks for the fast reply. Could i try just the springs for now? Do u think that would make a difference? It doesnt have any problems other than the slight creeping so its not a huge issue. If i replace the basket, plates, and springs together will i notice any difference other than fixing the creeping issue? I work part time and im in college so i dont have alot of cash, but if i do it i want to do it right.

I want to add that it's had this problem since i bought it from the local dealership in spring. I noticed the creeping on the first ride and called the dealer because i had never heard of this happening on any bike. He told me it was normal for MX bikes to do this. What an a**hole...

My bike creeps forward when i have it in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in all the way. I adjusted all the slack out of the clutch cable but it didnt make a difference. I've been researching this for almost an hour but im still not completely clear. I want to use all Hinson/GYTR parts, i can get parts pretty cheap at our dealer.

1) Are ALL GYTR clutch parts re-labeled Hinson components?

2) Does it sound like i need a new boss?

3) If i drop in Hinson plates and boss and OEM springs will i get a smoother clutch feel?

Sorry if i wasn't very clear. Any help would be awesome, i know almost nothing about motorcycle clutches.

Possible you might have a warped steel plate(s) as well. Did you check the plates for flatness ?

depends on budget... the Barnett springs have worked well for me... PC/ Cannon Racecraft/ Dark Synergy/ Hinson are all in the $70 range. Barnett is quite a bit cheaper. OEM varies in my experience. If your springs are within tolerance, then you can try shimming as quick fix.

Hinson springs are probably more stiff, designed for high load/horsepower to prevent slippage. The springs have a higher stiffness so that they pack the clutch and steel plates and pressure plate so tight that there is no slippage.

Funny thing is, that the OEM springs are really decent, I've never seen them slip at all with friction/steel plates in good shape.

Another note, is that the hinson (if they are stiffer) will require a bit more strength to pull in with your hand. This can really be a pain in the hand!!! (stupid joke I kno).

IMO OEM springs are the best choice for the clutch, they hold up to higher horsepower than stock no problem, and they don't wear your hand out every time you pull in the lever.

IMO the stock clutch is really really good, all parts. But when it comes to replacement it might be worth the little bit more for hinson parts.

youre wasting your money spending it on springs....theres several things that will cause the "creeping' and springs are NOT one of them. you need to remove your sidecase and inspect your clutch assembly. you have most likely a grooved basket and/or a grooved clutch boss (inner hub).Hinson products are very expensive, unless you have the budget stick with OEM. Do not waste your money on other aftermarket brands, especially tusk. Small grooves can be filed off the basket, the clutch boss is typically a 50-75 dollar part and baskets run 175 and up. good luck