20 in Tire Test tomorrow!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted April 06, 2001 - 08:11 PM

Just put on the Gold 20 incher with a Dunlop 756 to go with my new spare rear Goldie with a 120x19 Dunlap 739. Talk about a lot of MEAT!! If I wash out with these baby's I'm doing something seriously wrong. :) I'm gambling a bit with this setup as a 110x19 is recommended for the 426. I just like having the extra large knobbies for wear and traction benefits. Dropped the fork tubes and they are flush with the triple clamps now.

Can't wait for tomorrow and Sunday will be at Canyon Raceway preparing for next weeks AZMXOT International double-header. Three 25 min. motos on Sat and two on Sunday!!!!
Ohhhhhhyeaaa!!!

G-Man

• enmerdeur

Posted April 07, 2001 - 06:39 AM

I demand photos of this set up!

------------------
SHN
99'YZ-400 (Mine)
00' TT-R 125 (Hers)
91' KX-125 (Son #1)
93' CR-80 (Just sold it. Looking for another TTR125 for Son #2)
99' PW-80 (Son #3)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted April 07, 2001 - 09:56 PM

Is the front 20" smaller in diameter than the 21"? I thought I read that you only needed to adjust the forks with the Bridgestone and that the Dunlop was the same size as a 21" tire?

------------------
MotoGreg - http://albums.photop...9044&Sequence=0
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I never ride it so you should buy it...)
'99 YZ400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 07, 2001 - 06:06 PM

I'll let you ride my '74 Suzuki 90 at Canyon tomorrow G and I'll ride your 20/19 426F and we'll compare notes. Now you'll know what I mean about getting a bike to stick in the turns!!!

• G-Man

Posted April 09, 2001 - 11:40 AM

Originally posted by MotoGreg:
Is the front 20" smaller in diameter than the 21"? I thought I read that you only needed to adjust the forks with the Bridgestone and that the Dunlop was the same size as a 21" tire?

Yes side by side the 20" is still about a 1/4 smaller in OD. But you can divide that in half when it's mounted on the axle.

Test: 1st day was great as I did some high speed testing and dicing on a varied terrain moto track. Seemed to help most on the flat corners and is hard to tell in loamy berms.

2nd day on a totally unprepped hard as cement track, came up short on the first few laps and put a couple of small flatspots on my shiny new RIM!!!!! :D

With these conditions it turned out my forks were too stiff too, and it felt skitterish. My old 21" Michelin felt better. Softend the clickers 2 and this helped a bunch.

Not sure if it was the coditions or not, plus I'm thinking I picked the wrong tire, but I did not want the 739, so the jury is still out.

I will know a lot more after this weekend, with a prepped track.

Does anyone know if it's possible to take out flat spots other than the mallet method?
:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.