Finally got the new 2010 working for me.

3 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted February 21, 2011 - 06:08 PM

I was having issues with the oil leaking then after a new cover fixed that the suspension was Killing me. Had the bike revalved, springs changed, etc and just couldn't get comfy at all. Did some research and talked to a lot of people and decided on Total Control in Nc. Now I was in the past and enzo man. I gotta say Chad at total control has this bike feeling 1000 times better for me. Its so weird to I am now running diff springs than my 09 and completely diff valving And Chad did both my 09 and 10. He explained all the frame geometry bs to me and why they are so different etc. Well both bikes are real good I love my 09. My 10 corners so much better but haven't raced the bike yet. All I can say is its light years ahead of where it was. Chad and crew have done a lot of testing with this bike more so than any other bike he has ever done. If any of you guys are having issues, give those guys a call. They do bikes all over the world, had a lites guy finish 13th in main this past weekend in sx lites. They truly care about there work and have been doing it a long time. Chad is also an ex pro himself. I am know way shape or form sponsored or receive any discounts from them. I just thought id share a good experience.

• kavorka-racing

Posted February 22, 2011 - 10:18 AM

Interesting, I just ravalved my -10 as if it was a -09. How was the suspension killing you? How are they revalved differently?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thestuz

Posted February 23, 2011 - 02:20 AM

i thought the "10" suspension was good stock for a 85 kg person?

• rdefonce

Posted February 23, 2011 - 09:34 AM

i thought the "10" suspension was good stock for a 85 kg person?

I heard that about rear suspension, but forks might need slightly stiffer springs for 190 lb rider (86Kg rider).

I just bought a '10, i'm 165 lbs (75kg), fork springs perfect, shock spring too stiff. I went to 5.4 shock spring, from 5.7 stock.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.