Is the YZ 400 & 426 silencer the same and...........

1 reply to this topic
  • Bill

Posted April 12, 2001 - 12:05 PM

Is it the same and will it bolt to my White Bros tapered header.

I want to quite down the bike, without removing discs. I've found removing discs kills the power :)

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted April 12, 2001 - 06:42 PM

Bill-

I have a '99 YZ silencer on my WB tapered header. They do fit, but the joint gasket is not used, and I've found I need to wrap the joint with steel tape to seal properly.

No problems in 10 months.

I think the 426 can has a slightly larger volume, but hear they fit too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.