Rampart Closed for good!

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 06, 2001 - 09:51 PM

No one can go to Rampart this Sunday. Rampart burned down, then a case of Foot and Mouth broke out. A fire fighter plane accidentally dumped toxic waste on the fire and the area became radioactive. The government has it on quarantine. Those of you who planned on riding Sunday should go to a track. Tell ALL your riding buddies that the area is contained for at least 3 months. Maybe even 4. Just don't go there. Yea that's it.

Roostn in Denver

• DaveJ

Posted April 06, 2001 - 12:04 PM

I have this theory that 2-strokes are the cause behind the breakout of the foot-and-mouth disease. All that stinky smoke...what else could it be?!

This little shutdown of yours could be the proof I was looking for.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 06, 2001 - 12:10 PM

I'll bet that is it. It must have something to do with the polymetric substrates in the premix. The particulates are supermixed during the roosting process which results in hydration of the flourides cuminating in an exothermic reaction. Of course that depends upon the force of the roost applied. Can two strokes generate enough roost to force such a reaction at a sub-atomic level? I know my 426 can but then I don't slop pre-mix all over the trail. Hmmm.

Roostn in Denver

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikeolichney

Posted April 06, 2001 - 11:07 PM

Just went to Rampart today. It was great...no dust, only a handful of people, great traction. I did notice Rampart Range Road was closed for some reason. Tonight all my hair and teeth fell out, and my skin is sluffing off in chunks...it was worth it, though.

[This message has been edited by mikeolichney (edited 04-07-2001).]

• Merfman

Posted April 09, 2001 - 07:14 AM

Mike, whaddya mean "handful" of people? I was there
Sat and Sun and there were *scads* of people.
I'm not having any problems other than the blurred vision
and ear numbness....

• mikeolichney

Posted April 09, 2001 - 08:09 AM

I went on Friday. It was so good I went back yesterday (Sunday). Not as good, it was dusty and crowded and parking was a problem. But as the summer wears on and the riders with weak immune systems die off from the radiation it will get better.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.