YZF426 Graphics

16 replies to this topic
  • Eric1231

Posted February 20, 2011 - 09:24 AM

Anybody know where I can get a set of graphics for my YZF426. I am going to put on a set before I sell it. I figure it would like better than nothing at all.

• NSF3537

Posted February 20, 2011 - 09:35 AM

I like Decal Works, very stong and great looking. Also heard good things about Factory Backing. If I had a Yamaha, I would do it up retro yellow/black from 70's early 80's. If your selling it, keep it simple and classy that would appeal to all. Leave the number plate blank, no number. Post some pics when your done.:smirk:

• howard113

Posted February 20, 2011 - 10:38 AM

check ebay

• NSF3537

Posted February 20, 2011 - 01:02 PM

check ebay

Not all graphics are created equal. Some look good from ebay, but they are paper thin and last about as long as paper being stuck to your bike.

• niles

Posted February 21, 2011 - 03:48 AM

You can pick up kits like this from factory effects for around $20. Posted Image

• Eric1231

Posted February 21, 2011 - 04:54 PM

anybody know where I can get some white backgrounds for cheap?

• niles

Posted February 22, 2011 - 12:28 AM

If there's a sign shop in your area that does vinyl plotting get them to cut you some.

• 4literranger485

Posted February 23, 2011 - 06:45 PM

ebay for the backgrounds, i got some dirt cheap on there. make sure they are a reputable brand so you get good thick sticky ones

one industries makes a kit for that bike, look it up under yz250 2-stroke for that year, they were the same body. don't hesitate to call one directly, they might offload some old stock kits for cheap

also might be found on ebay, but stick to reputable brands again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaHawg001

Posted February 23, 2011 - 09:51 PM

I know oemcycle.com has some graphic kits, but if you're wanting OEM graphics I would go to Factory Effex.

• flattopwill

Posted February 24, 2011 - 12:06 AM

I am also having trouble finding graphics for my 2002 YZ426SM.
I saw this at the track this past weekend and fell in LOVE.
Posted Image
Obviously its not on a 426 but I had hoped I could find the same theme for my bike. After searching, I cant even find these graphics for the pictured bike. The graphics have One Industries badges on them but the theme is not on One Industries' website. If anyone can find these graphics please let me know.

eBay seems to be filled with the custom graphics or skull and flames type graphics. Why is it so hard to find a simple themed graphic like this?

• 4literranger485

Posted February 24, 2011 - 08:48 AM

most company's arent still making kits for the older bikes. you might have some luck showing a custom graphics company that kit and seeing if they can make one close to it, but that's gonna cost some $$$

• jcm3

Posted February 24, 2011 - 10:28 AM

I didn't like alot of what I found on eBay, but found this NStyle kit (for around $100), which was decent. I also got some Dirt Digit backgrounds, and it turned out pretty good. I'm happy with it.

You wouldn't need the number backgrounds in your situation, it sounds like. :smirk:

Posted Image

• niles

Posted February 25, 2011 - 01:54 AM

If you go to a general sign printing shop it's not really that expensive to get custom graphics made (hint:tell them you'll tell all your riding buddies who made your new kick ass graphics kit and help bring new customers),but if you go to someone that specializes in MX it'll be expensive (decal works,factory effex,one industries). Just make sure the company uses thick vinyl. For the logos you can search seeklogo.com,they are already drawn in plotter code (vector).

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2011 - 07:22 AM

The other thing you need is the patterns for the various pieces involved, which means you may end up having to buy a cheap kit just to get them.

• niles

Posted February 26, 2011 - 12:10 AM

Not really Gray,just a rough trace out (use tissue paper) and any sign shop worth any money will be able to scan it and digitally enhance it to clean it up. Just like when they do vinyl printed wraps for cars.

• niles

Posted February 26, 2011 - 01:02 AM

Here's a site with tons of MX sticker templates.

• c_dasilva127

Posted February 28, 2011 - 09:35 AM

I like the graphics on my bike. If I remember there were only 30 bucks for the tank and shrouds. I don't know if North County Yamaha still makes them though.

Posted Image

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.