Aftermarket spark plug cap for wr426f

2 replies to this topic
  • poirier74

Posted February 18, 2011 - 02:57 AM

Hi all,

I broke the original spark plug cap (trying to remove it wihout first removing gas tank...learned my lesson) and was looking into compatible aftermarket ones (cheaper).
What are the specs or ref number (ex: NGK) that can be used ?
Also how important is it to have it watertight like the original ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted February 18, 2011 - 09:11 AM

Many people here have updated to the later model coil and plug cap all in one. I believe Birdy got his off a Yamaha R6 that was wrecked. You will need to make some wire connections.

And yes you are asking for trouble if it is not waterproof on top.

• Birdy426

Posted February 18, 2011 - 11:08 PM

Yup...guilty. R1, R6, Hayabusa, WR/YZ450...all the same denso coil. Come cheap on e-bay. If you pick one up without the connector, post up or PM and I can dig out the motorcraft part number of one that fits.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.