Battery tender?

10 replies to this topic
  • medicman

Posted February 16, 2011 - 06:41 PM

Do you guys use them? What brand's?.....Also will riding the bike for a few hours charge the battery back up to a full charge?

• SXP

Posted February 16, 2011 - 07:05 PM

Deltran's Battery Tender (yes, that's the name). I have pig tail connections on all my bikes and have them hooked up to a Battery Tender when ever the bikes are not in use. My street bike battery is eight years old and cranks and holds a charge just fine. The battery on my 07 WR (bought in Dec 2006) is the original and works just fine.

• medicman

Posted February 16, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Deltran's Battery Tender (yes, that's the name). I have pig tail connections on all my bikes and have them hooked up to a Battery Tender when ever the bikes are not in use. My street bike battery is eight years old and cranks and holds a charge just fine. The battery on my 07 (bought in Dec 2007) is the original and works just fine.

Ok cool, thanks. The dealer left a pig tail on my bike so Ill be picking up a tender soon:banana:

• BajaFool

Posted February 16, 2011 - 09:40 PM

The Battery Tender JR. is more than adequate for you motorcycle. No need to buy the more expensive Battery Tender.

• broccoli2

Posted February 16, 2011 - 10:58 PM

i used 9 on my toys, this past years I bought 5 at wall mart for $15 each work just as good as the $60 "Battery Tender" I got for my sport bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted February 17, 2011 - 04:57 AM

I bought one of these thinking it would last maybe a year or so ...... 3 1/3 years later it's still going strong! HF puts it on sale a couple times a year for around 5 bucks.
http://www.harborfre...rger-42292.html

• Bandit9

Posted February 17, 2011 - 01:39 PM

The Battery Tender JR. is more than adequate for you motorcycle. No need to buy the more expensive Battery Tender.

That is what I use on my bike/lawn mower. Works pretty good and was pretty inexpensive. Picked mine up at CycleGear after I picked up this WR.

I have a RickyStator wired DC, so my batt charges up pretty good while riding it. I don't remember it charging as well with the stock stator.

• Navaho6

Posted February 17, 2011 - 06:53 PM

That's what I use also.

• medicman

Posted February 17, 2011 - 10:12 PM

Do I need the 12 volt or the 6 volt?

• byggd

Posted February 18, 2011 - 04:49 AM

Do I need the 12 volt or the 6 volt?

12V For these thumpers. :smirk:

• YamaLink

Posted February 18, 2011 - 05:37 AM

My best performing one is the Schumacher. I opt for the manual trickle charger.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.