2001 YZ426 Lights

4 replies to this topic
  • 426craig

Posted February 16, 2011 - 11:03 AM

Has anyone put lights on thier YZ426? I have contacted, Ricky Stator, Trail Tech, Baja Designs to see if they offer a stator so I can install a off road light on my YZ they all said that they dont offer anything. Is my only option to purchase a 2001 WR426 stator, flywheel, and voltage regulator to run the stock Yamaha light? I really want a light that will really throw some light on the trail, I know the stock WR light is a 55 watt light is that my limit. Any help would be appreiciated.

• RickyStator

Posted February 16, 2011 - 03:40 PM

Like you mentioned you need to purchase the OEM WR stator and flywheel, you will need to mod the stator to make it work with the YZ CDI, if you get to that point we can help with the mod. Stock WR stator is good for 100 watts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426craig

Posted February 17, 2011 - 06:12 PM

Do I need the WR voltage regulator? How much is the Mod for the stator? This is something I need to get this done soon what is the turn around time?

• Ryan426

Posted February 18, 2011 - 05:54 AM

Im running lights on my '01 but PO is the one that hooked it up.

• RickyStator

Posted February 18, 2011 - 01:35 PM

Yes you will need an AC regulator to run lights. If you have to buy one dont by the Yamaha one there expensive. We have one for $19. The mod is easy. Call us when you have the stator in hand and I can walk you through it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.