Applied triple clamp question

5 replies to this topic
  • 00LS1SS

Posted February 15, 2011 - 09:14 AM

Gents,
A friend has a set of applied racing triple clamps upper and lower which he purchased in late 05/early 06 for his 06 yz450. Not sure of what offset they are as of yet and if they would work /make my bike turn better(08yz450). Any clamp gurus that could help me out on if they would benefit me or on the amount of models and offsets that they would have made manufactured back then ? Any info would be just gran, thanks in advance.:smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted February 15, 2011 - 10:50 AM

Applied made primarily two offsets for the '06, the stock 25 mm and a 24 mm offset favored by Doug Dubach. The 24 was also the one selected by a group of test riders in blind testing.

• WGP

Posted February 15, 2011 - 12:02 PM

They won't fit......
I had an 06 and bought an 08 had to buy new ones..:smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 15, 2011 - 01:05 PM

What was the cause of the mis-fit?

• WGP

Posted February 17, 2011 - 10:07 AM

Not sure exactly........

I think I heard that the forks were a tad larger in diameter than previous years? I think 08 is the year the changed the forks slightly?

If you look in the catalogs you will see that they are different part numbers for 06 and 08.

• grayracer513

Posted February 17, 2011 - 10:11 AM

Interesting. The inner tubes are 48mm right from '04 up (there are other differences, of course), but I have seen that the Applied listings assign one set to '07-'09 and another to '06. Always wondered if that was for real, or just another cataloging mixup.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.