Where to buy Flywheel?

14 replies to this topic
  • Fish Cop

Posted February 14, 2011 - 06:14 PM

I just got an 04 yz450 and I need a weighted flywheel. After reading the advise on this site I have decided to buy a gytr 6.38 or a Dr. D +6oz but I have not been able to find any for sale online. Anyone know who stocks these?

• spdnjoe

Posted February 14, 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hope this helps.
http://www.thumperta...flywheel weight

• Mr. Neutron

Posted February 14, 2011 - 08:44 PM

Well, I tried to find you one here where I bought mine at, in Fairview, OR. I paid around $70-$75 a few months back, for my '06.

I went to their GYTR deal, and typed in the info in the boxes to for your '04, but for some goofy reason, it brought up the info for flywheels for '06-'09 models.... sorta :smirk: Above the picture of the flywheel, it says 2004 YZ450F, but the description(s) say '06-'09 models......

The other is here:

I apologize if this confuses, rather than helps..... I know I'm confused..... :rant: I thought the '04s & '06s used different flywheels; they do have different part numbers, and I believe the cup-shape of the flywheels is reversed for the different years we're talkin' about here....... In other words, an '06 flywheel won't fit on an '04.....

Edited by Diesel Goober, February 15, 2011 - 05:36 AM.
just needed editing....

• Fish Cop

Posted February 15, 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for the help, my local dealer called today and found one in oregon. I cant believe these are not more available.

• Yamamaniac

Posted February 16, 2011 - 04:52 AM

Rockymountainatvmc always seems to have what im looking for... and If they dont stock it aftermarket they also have the cheapest OEM parts I have found online and.... Free 3 days shipping on shipments over 100$ unless its chemicals or oversized then its just free grounds UPS.. I have a 6 oz. Zipty flywheel weight on my '03.. definitely helps.

• ttr250dude

Posted February 16, 2011 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the help, my local dealer called today and found one in oregon. I cant believe these are not more available.

Not exactly sure, but are u saying its hard to beleive that they dont keep them in stock? Dealers dont keep specialty parts like that in stock b/c they dont want money tied up like that. They could stock a $50 flywheel in stock for an 06 yz450f but it could be a year before they sell, therefore their $50 would be tied up for a year. Its less convenient for consumers but it makes sense from a dealer's standpoint.

• Fish Cop

Posted February 16, 2011 - 08:07 PM

I understand why a dealer would not stock an item like this but I dont understand why Dr. D doent list them anymore and gytr no longer makes one this size. This is a 2004 not a 1974. I thought aftermarket performance parts would be easier to find still being manufactured.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 16, 2011 - 09:14 PM

When the demand gets to be too low to support production, production will cease.

• 1BLUEsky

Posted February 16, 2011 - 09:17 PM

Check with Steahly Offroad out of Oregon.They are easy to take on and off and come in about 5 different weights.

• Dano426

Posted February 18, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Check with Steahly Offroad out of Oregon.They are easy to take on and off and come in about 5 different weights.

I agree and the also have great customer support

• Fish Cop

Posted February 18, 2011 - 06:21 PM

Thank you all. I am going with the Steahly. It is a little pricey at $149. but it is what is available.

• Fish Cop

Posted February 19, 2011 - 07:57 PM

Anybody know what the stock total weight of the 04 yz450 is or where I can find out without taking it apart and weighing it?

• grayracer513

Posted February 19, 2011 - 08:26 PM

248 pounds wet with a full tank.

• Fish Cop

Posted February 20, 2011 - 09:04 AM

Oops, I meant just the flywheel. But thanks grayracer for the total weight of the bike, holy crap its heavy. I saw you posted the weight of a stock 06 flywheel on another post and said the information came from Yamaha Engineering. I havent been able to find the info online. I had private message from a guy who said he has a heavier flywheel for this bike but is not sure how much extra it has. He is going to send me the total weight in oz.

• Fish Cop

Posted February 20, 2011 - 09:22 AM

Also, I just bought this bike used and it may possibly have a weighted flywheel already. If so when I do take it apart I will want to weigh it. I think it probably stock because other than a sterring stabilizer and a spark arresting end cap and maybe the back tire I think everything else is original. When I test rode it I stalled it right away. After I got it home I rode it down the driveway and when I turned around it stalled and nearly pitched me over the bars.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.