Who makes the roof mounted bike holder???

14 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted July 28, 2003 - 02:41 PM

Looking at getting an enclosed trailer and would like to find the name of the company that makes the roof mounted bike holder.

Thanks
Bill

• drzphatkid

Posted July 28, 2003 - 04:52 PM

The name is RMInnovations .#319-233-7217 www.rmimx.com

• Fryboy

Posted July 29, 2003 - 04:51 AM

The name is RMInnovations .#319-233-7217 www.rmimx.com.

DOHHH! Dead Link

Fryboy

• BrandonW

Posted July 29, 2003 - 05:03 AM

Nah, it works, just gotta clip off the "." on the end.

Posted Image

REALLY COOL bike "holders"

• Bill

Posted July 30, 2003 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for da info :)

Bill

• motojason

Posted July 30, 2003 - 11:44 AM

That looks like a good idea...BUT the roof of a trailer is not designed to support loads the way that the floor is. Most trailers I have seen are just a weather protective box on a rigid platform. That rack appears to transfer all of the lateral load from the bike into the ceiling of the trailer. I would check with the trailer manufacturer before installing one of those things. Just my 2 cents-

• Rudy

Posted August 01, 2003 - 06:48 AM

Not to mention the fact those suckers are really expensive!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Garry_on_a_426

Posted August 01, 2003 - 11:50 AM

What I want to know is if anyone has ever mounted a trailer hitch on the front of an RV and put a bike on a carrier up there? Any issues? Leagal or otherwise?

My boat is behind the RV, so I need the bike up front <grin>

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted August 01, 2003 - 11:50 AM

What I want to know is if anyone has ever mounted a trailer hitch on the front of an RV and put a bike on a carrier up there? Any issues? Leagal or otherwise?

My boat is behind the RV, so I need the bike up front <grin>

• BigDesto

Posted August 01, 2003 - 11:57 AM

I carry my WR and YZ80 on the back hitch on 2 rails, on the front i bought the little wheel carriers that mount to the bumper, i can put a pw80 or the yz80 on the front! If your talking about mounting a 2" reciever on the front with Bike Caddy, motojack, whatever, i think you can as long as your blocking your vision of the road.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted August 01, 2003 - 02:32 PM

You know if you are at all mechanically inclined you can probably make your own. There is some very good pictures on that website. All that is is 1" square tubing, angle iron, a few weld nuts, fastners, some smaller square tubing maybe 3/4 so it will telescope inside the 1"sq, and some velcro.

There cant be more than $30 in material in that. Throw in a wire welder and your in.

• Eagle426

Posted August 01, 2003 - 03:10 PM

How do you post a picture! I have a great pic of a roof mounted system, just cannot figure out how to post it! Thanks!

• John_H

Posted August 06, 2003 - 08:43 AM

Bill,
Guess this isn't what you were looking for. LOL
Posted Image
Finally tracked down this pic on YZ250fpegged's webpage. :)

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted August 06, 2003 - 02:32 PM

Dang, looks like a sharp turn would put that little car on it's side! My heavy DRZ would probably just collapse the roof! :)

• Bill

Posted August 06, 2003 - 03:03 PM

John,

That pic was posted here, some time back :) :D It was actually taken at a track (Rausch Creek) I have riden, here in Pa. I think dthwshbkr posted it originally.

I have decided to go with removable chocks and good ole fashioned, tie downs. I agree that the roof is not strong enough to take the torquing of the bike, especially with the extra leverage.

I usually travel alone and would like to set the trailer up for one bike, power washer, generator, tools, gear and water supply. Everything spread out and evenly distributed......weight wise. Yet be able to make adjustments to my layout and carry three bikes.

Any ideas???? Anyone have pics?

Thanks
Bill

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.