09wr and 09yzf

7 replies to this topic
  • downin

Posted February 14, 2011 - 04:24 PM

Id like to order a fmf jet kit off of motosport but they dont have one for the 08 and 09 yz450s. They do however offer one for the 09 wr450f. Does the wr and the yzf share the same carb?

• CanadianWR450

Posted February 14, 2011 - 04:47 PM

Exact same kit for both bikes I believe, at least I KNOW it is for my 04 WR.
I'm not aware of any changes between them for 09.....but I can't say I really follow the YZ's either....
The instructions cover both bikes with the same kit in 04 though

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2011 - 05:54 PM

NOT the same for the '09 WR and YZF's. The WR has a much different idle air circuit.

• CanadianWR450

Posted February 15, 2011 - 03:00 AM

NOT the same for the '09 WR and YZF's. The WR has a much different idle air circuit.

Yes, but that affects a JD Jet kit consisting of main jets, and needles?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dvn

Posted February 15, 2011 - 03:49 AM

I've never heard anything positive about FMF jet kits. If you're set on getting a "kit", you'd be better off with a JD.

• grayracer513

Posted February 15, 2011 - 07:56 AM

Yes, but that affects a JD Jet kit consisting of main jets, and needles?

The carbs are different, and the kit is not listed to cross fit. But you do whatever you'd like.

Personally, I don't use jet kits by anyone. The bike tells me what it wants and I make the necessary adjustments.

• CanadianWR450

Posted February 15, 2011 - 09:26 AM

I've never heard anything positive about FMF jet kits. If you're set on getting a "kit", you'd be better off with a JD.

Doh...I completely missed the FMF part right in front of my face and instantly thought JD kit......I have no idea about the FMF kits....

• downin

Posted February 15, 2011 - 04:10 PM

What about the 06 and 07 yzfs? Would they share the same carb as the 08 and 09?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.