How to remove and check carb slide????

2 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted April 12, 2001 - 11:37 AM

Does anyone has the procedures for removing the carb slide on my 99 dub-r to inspect it for cracks?

I bought the bike without a throttle stop and I'm a little nervous of what I might find.

Also, can I buy a throttle stop for this bike to file down?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • finglan

Posted April 13, 2001 - 04:21 AM

Bryan,

I believe you can check the carb slide by removing the sub frame w/the air box boot and look right into the carb at the slide. This is if you don't want to remove the carb. I just removed my sub frame to change the shock spring and it was quick and easy.
For the throttle stop I got a YZ stop and it was the perfect length. I could tell when I had the sub frame off the slide opened all the way and stoped at the top.

• James_Dean

Posted April 13, 2001 - 05:26 AM

The part of the slide that cracks is on the engine side. You HAVE TO REMOVE THE CARB. I made a post on carb removal for the '00WR, but there are more hoses on the '99 so it is not as easy. Try searching on carb removal . The part you are looking for is a plate (Needle valve or valve plate)

James

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 04-13-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.