2003 yz450f header pipe?

6 replies to this topic
  • roofer dude

Posted February 14, 2011 - 07:48 AM

My head pipe split and need to replace. Will a 2008 pipe fit my motor? Found a new one at a fair price but not sure if it will work. Need help.

• dgcars

Posted February 14, 2011 - 08:05 AM

My head pipe split and need to replace. Will a 2008 pipe fit my motor? Found a new one at a fair price but not sure if it will work. Need help.

I'm pretty sure that the diameter of the header where it meets the muffler is different.

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2011 - 08:12 AM

Won't work for the reason stated. An '06 should fit, but nothing later.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roofer dude

Posted February 14, 2011 - 09:50 AM

Do you happen to know how much bigger and is the bend the same as or close to the 03. This is going on my kart, not the bike. I'll get some pictures so you can see what I'm trying to do.

• roofer dude

Posted February 14, 2011 - 10:04 AM

Do pictures have to go through Photo Bucket or can I just attach.

http://s1001.photobu...nt/2003 header/

Edited by roofer dude, February 14, 2011 - 10:25 AM.
adding pictues

• dgcars

Posted February 14, 2011 - 10:46 AM

Do pictures have to go through Photo Bucket or can I just attach.

http://s1001.photobu...nt/2003 header/

Copy & paste the photobucket tag - IMG to IMG.

No idea on the sizes of pipe.
Call a yammy dealer.
He probably wont have the header in stock, but may have the header/muffler seal. Measuring this will give you the sizes.

• roofer dude

Posted February 14, 2011 - 05:06 PM

Well could you point me in the right direction? What about the after market pipes, any good? I see a lot of stainless steel pipes, better or worse or the same?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.