Routing Fastline Brake cable

5 replies to this topic
  • shredder

Posted April 04, 2001 - 07:00 AM

Does anybody know how to mount this cable.
Inside of fork brace, or out side of brace?
I have a bracket coming in from Gibsonia Cycles but not sure what it's going to look like and it's backed order. In the meanwhile I would like to go riding!

• Tim

Posted April 04, 2001 - 07:07 AM

If you look at the picture of the bike a couple a posts ago "everts" that picture shows a pretty good view. I would put it on the inside of the fork towards the wheel. I am also thinking about getting one of those lines. How much?

• PK

Posted April 04, 2001 - 07:27 AM

A Fastline brake line costs $50-65, depending who you get it from. To mount the line, you cut off the stock plastic routing "hook" on the left fork guard. You then bolt on the adapter ensuring it won't hit the fork slider when you compress the front end. With mine came a piece of aluminum flat stock that you bolt to the caliper and it will hold the brake line just above the caliper. I noticed on mine that the inner most fork guard slider was cutting into the brakeline when my forks compressed so I cut it off. You'll see what I mean when you get yours together. Some bikes I've seen had this problem, some didn't.

99 YZ400

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted April 04, 2001 - 08:08 AM

With the Fastline and CR routing do you really get added feel and stopping power. Anyone with this system please advise. I have been thinking of the mod myself, DSP makes a small mount for the stock fork guards, don't know the price but it has to be cheaper than their CF fork guards with the mount already on. Let me know.

• PK

Posted April 04, 2001 - 01:02 PM

Good tip Jason, you will need the CR type mount to make the Fastline mod, otherwise you won't have anything to secure the line to on your fork guard.

• Norman

Posted April 04, 2001 - 05:32 PM

You will be amazed at the difference, I changed front and rear with Fastline steel braided lines and my bike will stop on a dime.

Norman # 911
Beaumont TX

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.