Slight missfire at around 5k?

2 replies to this topic
  • RipGroove99

Posted February 12, 2011 - 11:38 PM

My 2003 WR450 has got a slight missfire at around 5k, which is really annoying as its in supermoto trim and 5k seems to be where it wants to cruise at. Have not had it long and the previous owner said it was say for 6 months in his garage before i bought it. Could it be a simple case of changing the plug?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flagstaff

Posted February 13, 2011 - 08:44 PM

Do a search, WR450's dont like to cruise at steady throttle. Affects my '06, but dont spend much time on the road so I live with it.

• miweber929

Posted February 14, 2011 - 04:35 AM

My 04 does this. Unplug the TPS to see if it gets better. If do, that's your issue and search the forum for the work arounds.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.